It’s not the first time Xiaomi tries to make their phones more affordable to customers, so today’s price cut on Xiaomi Civi is more than welcomed. The news comes directly from Xiaomi Mall, the company’s official online store, stating that one of the most beautiful smartphones out there, will now be available for CNY 2299(~$361), a new price cut of approximately 300 (~$47). This is the second price cut in under a month, after January’s 100 yuan ($16) coupon from Xiaomi.
For those of you out there who’d like to know more about it, the device comes with a 6.55-inch curved OLED screen with a resolution of FHD+ and a refresh rate of 120Hz. It also packs a Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G processor and up to 8GB of RAM. In the camera department, this smartphone boasts a 32MP front selfie camera and a 64MP main AI rear camera. It uses a triple camera setup on the rear. To keep its lights on, this smartphone comes with a 4500 mAh battery.
It’s one of the first smartphones out there manufactured with the velvet AG process, that allows for a vivid, flashy diamond effect. This will make the device have a more shining visual perception under the light. At the same time, blue and pink also have a magic color gradient effect.
If we’re to believe the Chinese manufacturer, in order to create a high-value Xiaomi Civi, the R&D team simulated the softest 0.013-0.018mm real fluff texture with reference to the hair patterns of Angora rabbits, ragdoll cats, and Maltese dogs, so as to create a mobile phone. The feel of this smartphone is absolutely sleek and you will want to keep touching it – says Xiaomi at least 😉
Xiaomi Civi – Technical specifications
- 6.55-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 AMOLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate, up to 950nits brightness, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, DCI-P3 color gamut, 0.32 JNCD, 0.36 DeltaE
- Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.2) storage / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.2) storage
- Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP autofocus front camera with f/2.4 aperture, dual soft LED flash
- In-display fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Hi-res audio
- Dimensions: 158.34×71.5x 6.98mm; Weight: 166g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/NavIC, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh (typical) battery with 55W fast charging
This price cut (or official discount if you prefer), is obviously not huge but – still- it’s the second discount in just under 2 months. Given the status of this smartphone, we were not expecting any new price cut this soon. If you’re in the market for something similar, then the Xiaomi Civi should be among your main choices.