Following the December 2021 release for the Asus Zenfone 8 and Zenfone 8 Flip, Asus has rolled out some Android 12 stable updates. This time, it’s the turn of the Asus ROG Phone 5 and ROG Phone 5s. According to a post on the official ASUS forum, the new system software is already rolling out for these two models. The new build number for both smartphones is 31.0810.1226.57.
As expected, users will get all the usual Android 12 new features, as well as a new ROG UI design, improved built-in apps, Armoury Crate’s new console design, and many more improvements and enhancements. As usual, the update will likely roll out in phases. Thus, it may take days (or even weeks) to reach all devices.
The ASUS ROG Phone 5 / 5s phones come with a Snapdragon 888 and Snapdragon 888+ processor respectively. These chips are the most powerful Snapdragon chips beside the new Snapdragon 8 Gen 1. In addition, the Asus ROG Phone 5 series also come with a 6.78-inch E4 AMOLED display that supports a 144Hz refresh rate. These smartphones have dual-control ultrasonic side sensors. They also come with a 6,000 mAh battery that supports 65W fast charging.
ASUS ROG Phone 5 specifications
- 6.78-inch (2448 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 144Hz OLED 10-bit HDR 20.4:9 aspect ratio display, 300Hz touch sampling rate, 111% DCI-P3, sRGB : 150.89%, Delta E average <1%; Contrast ratio: 1,000,000:1, 10-bit HDR, 5 nits to 800nits @ APL100 + HBM or 1200nits @ APL1. Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- 16GB (ROG Phone 5 Pro) / 18GB (ROG Phone 5 Ultimate) LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with ROG UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture. 13MP 125˚ ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture. 5MP macro sensor with f/2.0 aperture, 8k video at 30 fps, 4k at 60fps, slow-motion 4K at 120 fps, 1080p at 240fps
- 24MP front-facing camera with 0.9µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, ESS Sabre ES9280AC Pro with HyperStream II QUAD DAC architecture, Dual 7-magnet Linear 12x16mm front-facing speakers with GameFX & Dirac HD Sound, Powered by dual Cirrus Logic CS35L45 Mono AMP, Quad microphones with OZO Noise Reduction Technology
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Ultrasonic sensors for AirTrigger 5 and grip press detection
- Dimensions: 172.8×77.2×10.29mm; Weight: 238g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), NavIC(L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000 mAh battery with 65W HyperCharge fast charging, supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter