The smartphone is equipped with a 6.67-inch Full HD + AMOLED display with a resolution of 2400 × 1080 pixels; a refresh rate of 120 Hz and a peak brightness of 1300 nits. In the center in the upper zone of the screen is a small hole: it houses a 20-megapixel front camera.
At the back is a three-camera system. This is a 48-megapixel main unit with a Sony IMX582 sensor and optical stabilization; an 8-megapixel module with wide-angle optics (119 degrees) and a 2-megapixel macro sensor.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 processor is used, which combines eight Kryo 585 cores with a clock speed of up to 3.2 GHz, an Adreno 650 graphics accelerator and a Snapdragon X55 5G cellular modem. The amount of RAM is 6, 8 or 12 GB, the capacity of the flash drive is 128 or 256 GB.
The equipment includes a side fingerprint scanner, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax and Bluetooth 5.1 adapters, two speakers, an infrared port, a USB Type-C connector. Power is provided by a 4500 mAh battery with support for 67-watt charging.
The Redmi K40S smartphone cost between $280 and $380 depending on the memory size.
Redmi K40S specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate; 1300nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform; with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) / 8GB + 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 13 based on Android 12
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2″ Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, OIS, LED flash; 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.2x 75.95 x 7.7mm; Weight: 195g
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 67W fast charging
Also, today in China, sales of the Redmi Note 11E smartphone began, the external feature of which is a completely new and atypical camera unit for Redmi – it is similar to the cameras of Oppo smartphones. The rest of the Note 11E is a standard budget model. The smartphone is built on the Dimensity 700 5G SoC, equipped with a 6.58-inch IPS screen with Full HD + resolution and a frame rate of 90 Hz, a 5000 mAh battery with support for 18 W charging.