A few days ago, AnTuTu announced the list of most powerful Android smartphones for March 2022. Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 still occupies as many as eight seats in the TOP10. However, the competing product, Dimensity 9000 has only two smartphones and both devices are on the list. The Redmi K50 Pro claims the fourth position while the Oppo Find X5 Pro claims the sixth position. These are the only two non-Snapdragon smartphones on the list. This is the first time that other manufacturers have directly challenged the Snapdragon contemporary flagship chips. The current Dimensity 8000 series sub-flagship chips have a very strong reputation. The balance between power consumption and performance is very good. However, the Apple iOS camp is not so lively.
A few days ago, AnTuTu has officially announced the iOS device performance rankings for March 2022. Among them, the iPad with the M1 chip is completely slaughtered, and the newly added iPad Air5 ranks fifth with a score of 1.07 million. This is also the first time that a chip exceeds a million on AnTuTu.
At present, the M1 chip is undoubtedly the strongest on the surface of the mobile terminal. Compared with Qualcomm, MediaTek, etc., it has a complete crushing performance. However, this chip only appears on tablets for now.
Gizchina News of the week
In addition to the M1 chip, the most eye-catching on the Apple iOS performance list is the A12X chip of four years ago. This processor is on the third-generation iPad Pro (iPad Pro 2018), which was officially unveiled at the autumn conference in 2018. It is still the strongest performing chip of the A-series. It is even stronger than the A15 of the iPhone 13 Pro Max.
Apple A12X is based on a 7nm process and integrates 10 billion transistors. The CPU has 4 high-performance cores + 4 high-performance cores. Thanks to the powerful performance of the A12X, the third-generation iPad Pro is still one of the most worthwhile iPads to buy.
Apple iPad Pro 11-inch / 12.9-inch (2020) Specifications:
- 11-inch (2388 x 1668 pixels) Liquid Retina display with P3 Color Gamut, 600 nits brightness, 264 PPI
- 12.9-inch (2732 x 2048pixels) Liquid Retina display with P3 Color Gamut, 600 nits brightness, 264 PPI
- Octa-Core A12Z Bionic 7nm chip with 64-bit architecture, 8-core GPU and M12 motion coprocessor
- 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB variants
- iPadOS 13.4
- Rear Camera: Main wide Camera: 12MP, f/1.8 aperture, Secondary Ultra wide Angle: 10MP, ƒ/2.4 aperture and 125° field of view, 5P lens, Hybrid IR filter, Quad-LED True Tone flash,
- 7MP front-facing FaceTime camera, f/2.2 aperture, Portrait mode
Portrait Lighting, Retina Flash, SmartHDR
- Five microphones for calls, video recording, and audio recording, Four speaker audio
- 4G LTE (optional), Wi‑Fi 6 (802.11ax) (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C
- Dimensions (11-inch): 247.6x 178.5x 5.9mm; Weight: 471g
- Dimensions (12.9-inch): 280.6x 214.9 x 5.9mm; Weight: 641g
- 11-inch – 28.65-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music,
- 12.9-inch – 36.71-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music