Apple’s iPhone series are mainly produced by Chinese foundries. In recent years, India has gradually joined the ranks of iPhone manufacturing. Now Apple has announced that it will start producing iPhone 13 series smartphones in Indian factories. Apple claims in a statement that it has started production of iPhone 13 smartphones at Foxconn’s factory in Chennai, India.
As a result, Apple currently manufactures the iPhone 11, iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 locally through Foxconn and Wistron. Furthermore, Pegatron will start producing the iPhone 12 this month and will launch the new iPhone SE. There are currently no Pro models of iPhones made in India. The Pro models are still mainly produced by Foxconn factories in China. This means that the Pro iPhones are still mainly “Made in China”.
Earlier this year, the Foxconn Apple foundry in southern India caused hundreds of people to suffer from food poisoning to varying degrees due to dietary problems, sparking protests by workers. After the incident, the factory temporarily stopped production and undergoes rectification. Their monthly income from work is about $140. The food and accommodation conditions are poor, there is no toilet in the staff dormitory, and the food is full of bugs. However, even then, they need to pay contractors for accommodation and meals.
Gizchina News of the week
iPhone 13 series 25W charging
The charging power of Chinese smartphones is now exceeding 100W. However, Apple smartphones are still stuck at 20W. Nevertheless, theoretically, the iPhone 13 series increase the fast charging power to 25W. However, the practical charging power of the iPhone 13 is about 23W. However, the charging speed increase is very small relative to the regular 18W fast charging. Although Apple is increasing the charging power to 25W, the charging increase will still be insignificant.
Apple iPhone 13 specifications
- 6.1-inch (2532×1170 pixels) OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display, 800 nits brightness, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, True Tone, Ceramic Shield protection
- Six-Core A15 (2 performance and 4 efficiency cores) Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, 4‑core GPU, 16‑core Neural Engine
- 128GB, 256GB, 512GB storage options
- iOS 15
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, Sensor-shift optical image stabilisation for video, True Tone flash, HDR video recording with Dolby Vision at 4K 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 4K at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 146.7×71.5×7.65mm; Weight: 173grams
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, Ultra-Wideband chip for spatial awareness, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 19 hours of video playback