Taiwan Economic Daily recently reported that the Apple iPhone 13 is selling well. In fact, the large orders for this smartphone is putting its major assembly factories under pressure. Accroding to reports, the largest assembly factory, Hon Hai, is already running in full capacity. To accommodate the extra orders, the company announced a huge job recruitment plan. The group’s iPhone assembly base, the Foxconn iDPBG business group in Zhengzhou, announced that it will expand the recruitment of general workers, with a referral bonus of up to RMB 8,000 ($1,257).
According to the announcement of the Zhengzhou Foxconn iDPBG business group, the factory has started to recruit workers in the spring since February 4. Furthermore, the referral bonus has been increased. From February 6, the original 6,000 yuan ($943) referral bonus has been increased to 8,000 yuan, an increase of more than 33%. The bonus attracts more production line personnel to join in and rush work to meet the strong market demand. The recruitment targets include internal recommended partners, internal recommended regular workers, re-employment after resignation, technicians, etc.
Gizchina News of the week
Hon Hai Chairman, Liu Yangwei previously stated that the performance in the first quarter of this year may be better than in the past few years. This is why many of its important factories may only have two days of Spring Festival holidays. The iPhone 13 sales performance will make a significant difference to the overall market performance of Apple. This is also why the company is making sure that this device is always available for buyers.
Apple iPhone 13 specifications
- 6.1-inch (2532×1170 pixels) OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display. 800 nits brightness, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, True Tone, Ceramic Shield protection
- Six-Core A15 (2 performance and 4 efficiency cores) Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, 4‑core GPU, 16‑core Neural Engine
- 128GB, 256GB, 512GB storage options
- iOS 15
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, Sensor-shift optical image stabilisation for video, True Tone flash, HDR video recording with Dolby Vision at 4K 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 4K at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 146.7×71.5×7.65mm; Weight: 173grams
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, Ultra Wideband chip for spatial awareness, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 19 hours of video playback