The Android ecosystem has a plethora of apps that users can install for free. These apps help us in taking care of regular and consistent tasks. In fact, a report from Statista reveals that over 95% of apps on the Google Play Store are actually free apps. Since the Play Store has 3.48 million apps, this means that there are over 3 million free apps on the Play Store. There are apps for multiple purposes including gaming, streaming videos, making notes, music and so on. Thus, of the millions of free downloadable apps, it can be quite difficult to figure out the best free apps.
To this end, we take a look at some of the best free Android apps that you can install. While some of the apps are very popular and some are even the most downloaded, others are not so popular but deliver efficiently. Below are the top 10 best free Android apps that we will recommend
Best free apps for Android smartphones in 2022
1. Google Find My Device – Free App for Android
The “Find My” app is one of the most appreciated apps on both Android and iOS. The Google Find My Device app is one of the best apps on the Play Store that is available for free. This app help users easily locate their devices when missing. One of the selling points of this app is that it is very easy to use. Furthermore, you can delete all data and reset its pin or password remotely.
Features of the Google Find My Device app
- Locate your lost device seamlessly
- Get access to the app from your desktop or other devices easily
- Can locate multiple Android devices where the account is active
- Erase pin, password and smartphone data remotely
- Lock the lost smartphone
It is interesting to note that Gmail is available for absolutely free. This app offers all sorts of services when it revolves around mailing. With Gmail, you can have decent control over all your emails. Interestingly, you can get alerts for new emails like you get alerts for text messages. Now, many other Google services like Google Meet, Hangouts and other services are now accessible directly from Gmail. In fact, you can chat directly from the Gmail app. With over 5 billion downloads, Gmail is easily one of the best free Android apps that you can try out.
Features of Gmail
- Well organized emails
- Fast updates
- Email alerts (push notifications)
- Sync with Google DOCs
- Google contacts
- Connects to all your contacts from different platforms
- Syncs with other GMS services
3. Ground News
When it comes to news platforms, there are a plethora of choices to choose from. However, Ground news has a reputation for authenticating and verifying its reports across all spectrums. Like most apps on the Play Store, there is also a subscription option that gives you access to more. What’s more, Ground News combines its reports from over 50,000 news sources.
Features of Ground news
- Verifies and authenticates its news daily
- Huge database for the news source
- Over 30,000 news daily
- Permits news comparison across different platforms
4. Spotify – Free App for Android
If you are one who likes your music clean and smooth, then Spotify may just be the app you are looking for. If you want a whole world of music, then you should try Spotify. This app allows users to create their playlists with their favourite music and albums. You can download and install this application for free.
Features of Spotify
- High-quality sound and streaming
- Users can access playlists even after deleting them
- Suggests similar songs and artists to your favourite
- Privatize your songs
- Privatize your playlist based on your interest
5. Instasize – Free App for Android
Well, a long list of Android smartphones hit the market every year and many of these do not come with the best cameras. Even when the cameras are good, there is also a need for image editing. This is why there are tons of photo editors on the Play Store. However, Instasize is an advanced photo editing app that stands out. Despite its advanced features, this app is also free. With this application, Android users can get unique and premium content. You can customize the background, and use other beauty tools.
Features of Instasize
- It has 100+ original filters
- Vintage overlays
- Premium colour adjusting tools
- Exclusive contents
- Custom templates for Instagram, TikTok, etc
6. Google Translate
Any surprise that Google Translate is on this list? I’m sure that many will not be surprised. However, if you are then here are some reasons why Google Translate is one of the best free apps for Android. If you are a traveller or a sojourner in foreign countries, you will understand the importance of Google Translate. You find yourself in a zone where everything is written in a foreign language, Google Translate got you. This app can translate into over 100 languages. Furthermore, you can download over 50 languages for offline use. With over 1 billion downloads, this app is one of the most popular globally.
In addition, you can fix your camera on a strange text and it gives you an instant translation. However, this is only available for about 40 languages. In addition, you also get access to the handwriting or scribble which supports over 90 languages. All these are available for absolutely free.
Features of Google Translate
- Helps with the communication barrier
- Offline translation
- Translate any text
- Translates text in images (including signboards)
- Syncs with Chrome, Google app and Gboard app
- Saves relevant translation for subsequent quick access
LastPass is a password manager and a password locker application. This app protects your passwords and other sensitive information from hackers. Simply put, we can call this app a master password that protects the others. This gives users some sort of safety feeling when dealing with their passcodes.
Features of LastPass
- Two-factor authentication
- Mobile app pin unlock
- Fingerprint login
- Generates passwords randomly
- Auto form-filler
- Protects user vault and digital wallet
- One-to-One One-to-Many sharing
- Encrypted file storage
8. Google News
One of the beauties of Google News is that users have some control over what they want their Feed to have. You can permanently eliminate news from a particular source from your feed. This app makes use of AI techniques to deliver relevant news. This app has both the “For You” and “Full Coverage” sections. While the former shows you news with respect to your preferences, the latter covers other similar stories giving a different perspective. There is also a “Newsstand” section where users can subscribe to other news sources.
Features of Google New
- Keeps you up to date with the latest trends in the world
- Select the sources whose stories you want to follow
- Newscasts: Slideshows of several articles from different sources
- Coverage includes trusted sources and alternative opinions
9. Google Assistant
Google Assistant is a free app that allows Android users to communicate and do a whole lot of other things. This assistant can provide answers to questions, make plans for users and even trigger apps. This is possible even with a simple voice command. Another interesting part of this app is that its performance is the same irrespective of the phone type. Google Assistant will help you to personalize the other Google services that you use.
Features of Google Assistant
- Visual responses with Chromecast
- Google Home can make calls
- Works with iOS
- Supports different languages and regions
- A reminder also
Bumble is actually a dating app which makes it easier and faster to meet people. One of the key factors of this app is that it gives you access to people around you. Furthermore, if you want people around the globe, Bumble can also make that happen. On this app, women have the option of making the first move. However, as we do for all dating apps, we recommend that you thread with caution, especially the women.
Features of Bumble
- Users have 24hours to make a move after the match is made
- There is no discrimination with respect to sexuality
- Rigorous verification process to join the app
There are more apps on the Play Store which are available for free but these stand out. If you need to get any of these apps, simply go to the Play Store and search their titles.