In the financial report for the first quarter of 2022, Xiaomi disclosed that the revenue of the smartphone business in the quarter was 45.8 billion yuan ($6.8 billion). Furthermore, the company also reveals that its global smartphone market shipments hit 38.5 million units. Also, the company’s global smartphone ASP (Average Selling Price) hit 1189 yuan ($176). This is a year-on-year of 14.1%. In the first quarter, Xiaomi launched new mobile phones including Xiaomi Civi 1S, Xiaomi 12 series global version, Redmi K50/K50 Pro/K50 gaming version/K50 champion version. Officially, the cumulative shipments of the Redmi K50 series now exceed one million units.
In the fiercely competitive 2000~3000 yuan category, it is not easy to achieve such results. Furthermore, the current state of the Chinese smartphone market is in a state of decline. According to Canalys data, in the first quarter, global smartphone shipments fell by 10.5% year-on-year, and shipments in mainland China fell by 18.2% year-on-year.
The Redmi K50 series is quite popular in China and even the regular Redmi K50 has a popularity score of 9.3. It has remained in the top 10 most popular smartphones in China for many months. Next Tuesday, Redmi’s new Note 11T Pro/Pro+ will be released, hitting the 618 promotion market. The Redmi K50 series will also have different levels of discounts.
Redmi K50 Specifications
- 6.67″ 2K (3200 x 1440 pixels) 120Hz OLED screen, up to 480Hz touch sampling rate; contrast ratio: 5,000,000:1; Supports Dolby Vision, HDR 10/10+; 16,000 levels of automatic brightness adjustment, up to 1200 nits peak brightness; protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- MediaTek Dimensity 8100 5nm SoC with Mali-G610 6-core GPU
- 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB /256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 12 with MIUI 13
- Dual SIM
- Rear cameras: 48MP Sony IMX582 (1/2-inch sensor) main sensor OIS, 8MP ultra-wide lens with 119° FOV, 2MP macro lens and Flicker Sensor; Video recording up to 4K at 30fps
- Front Camera: 20MP Sony IMX596 sensor; Video recording up to 1080p at 30fps
- Dimensions: 163.1 x 76.15 x 8.48 mm; Weight: 201g
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo Dual Speaker, Dolby Atmos
- IR sensor, X-axis linear motors for immersive haptics
- Dual 5G support (n1/ n3/ n5/ n8/ n28a/ n38/ n41/ n77/ n78 bands), Wi-Fi 6 (2.4/5GHz), supports 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.3, Beidou | GPS (L1+L5) |GLONASS | QZSS (L1+L5) | NavIC:L5, NFC
- 5500mAh (typical) battery with 67W fast charging support
Redmi K50 price
The Redmi K50 is currently available in four colour options including Black, Silver, Iridescent, and Green. This device also has three models. The models and their prices are
- 8GB + 128GB – RMB 2,399 ($377 approx)
- 8GB + 256GB – RMB 2,599 ($409 approx)
- 12GB + 256GB – RMB 2,799 ($440 approx)