Samsung made its move to Wear OS in the last year but has basically revamped Google’s offering with the OS. The company, however, takes its own path providing the OS with the One UI Watch skin running above. The skin brings exclusive features for Galaxy and has optimizations that will be only found on Galaxy Watches. The company is working on the One UI 4.5 update, and today is rolling out the One UI 4.5 beta 2 for the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch 4 Classic.
To those unaware, Samsung has opened the beta program for the Samsung Galaxy Watch4 and Watch4 Classic in the last month. Now, the company is rolling out the second beta with the R860XXU1ZVF5 serial. The update is rolling out in South Korea.
Gizchina News of the week
One UI Watch 4.5 beta 2 update changelog
- Bugs fixes
- Enhanced GPS stability
- Improved app performance
- More stable health-tracking features improved running and swimming performance
- Fixed slowdowns and unexpected termination of the Health app
- Stabilized power consumption: Fixed My Photo and My Style background photo, also fixed issues with AR emoji character not being restored when the data is restored
- Fixed call receiving screen not appearing when Watch music is playing during Watch and Buzz connection
- Fixes issue that caused the reminder alarm to remain after being snoozed
- Fixed layout issue for the weather screen when the font size is enlarged
- Other improvements
The previous beta adds an interface for dual SIM functionality. It also improves the notifications, enhances the native keyboard, and more settings for alarms. Those who want to enroll in the beta program will need to join the Samsung Members App. You also need to be in a supported region. If you meet the requirements, then a banner inviting you to join will appear. You will also need to run Galaxy Watch 4 Manager for Beta 188.8.131.5262011.
The company is gearing up to introduce its new Galaxy Watch 5 series in August. The big question is whether it will run One UI Watch 4.5 or will bring a totally new version.