Tesla Model Y Is The Best-Selling Electric Vehicle In June 2022

Tesla Model Y

That’s not a secret that the electric vehicle market is one of the most attractive niches. That’s why even non-traditional car makers (or it’s better to say companies specialized in making other products) are entering this field one after another. Xiaomi and Apple are the best proofs. However, this also means that the competition becomes fiercer. In this sense, it’s quite interesting to know which concrete models perform best. According to data from Clean Technica, June was a record month for new electric vehicles. In this month, pure electric models captured 12% of the global market share, while plug-in cars had a 16% market share. Going forward, we should stay that the Tesla Model Y had no equals in the mentioned period.

Tesla Model Y Sells Twice More Than Other Electric Vehicles

Tesla launched the Model Y in March 2019. It’s a cross-border sports multi-purpose electric vehicle that began to be delivered the following year. This car replaced the predecessor Model 3 in some markets soon after its launch and became Tesla’s best-selling model.

electric vehicle deliveries

Gizchina News of the week

The Shanghai Gigafactory, Berlin Gigafactory, and Texas Gigafactory have successively started production of the Model Y. So Tesla’s production of this electric car has greatly increased.

Data shows that Tesla delivered 97,950 Model Y units to consumers around the world in June this year. This number far exceeds other electric vehicles. What’s more interesting, the second place belongs to the Tesla Model 3, an electric vehicle that began deliveries more than two years before the Model Y. It deliveries reached 53,768 in June.

Tesla deliveries

As for the overall sales, there were a total of 913,500 electric vehicles. The Tesla Model Y accounted for 10.7% of them. Model 3 got 5.9% of the share in June. In total, Tesla’s two best-selling electric vehicles have a 16.6% share.

The Berlin Gigafactory and the Texas Gigafactory will increase their productions in the future. The Shanghai Gigafactory’s production capacity is cautiously increasing as well. So there is every reason to think that the Tesla Model Y production will be higher in the future.

Disclaimer: We may be compensated by some of the companies whose products we talk about, but our articles and reviews are always our honest opinions. For more details, you can check out our editorial guidelines and learn about how we use affiliate links.

Source/VIA :
Previous Google Play Store hides the version number of apps
Next Fortune 500 List: Walmart Takes First Place For Nine Consecutive Years