Sony just surprised everyone with this one. It is not like there was no rumors, people did talk about it but no one could predict when. At the Gamescom opening night live event held last night, Sony unveiled the PlayStation 5 DualSense Edge Controller to the surprise of the audience.
Since the launch of the first ever PlayStation console in 1994, Sony has never launched a Pro model for their DualSense Controllers. Neither for the wired controllers nor the wireless controllers. The newly released DualSense Edge Controller for the PlayStation 5 happens to be the first ever high-performance ultra customizable controller Sony Entertainment has ever developed.
According to Sony, the new DualSense Edge is designed to enhance your gaming experience by allowing you to create custom controls based on your own playing style. This new controller does not only give you the chance to do software customizations. It also gives you the power to customize the hardware parts as well.
What Are The Customizable Options For The PlayStation 5 DualSense Edge?
Gizchina News of the week
- Ultra-Customizable Controls: The DualSense Edge allows you to remap or deactivate particular button inputs and fine tune your aim. This is done by adjusting the sensitivity of the analog. You can actually increase or decrease the travel distance of your analog stick. Or in other words, the distance the analog stick can travel before the system senses it.
- Ability To Save Multiple Control Profiles: As soon as you are able to find your preferred control settings, the DualSense Edge gives you the option to save it and use it whenever you want. You have the option to save different control profiles for different games.
- On-Controller User Interface : The DualSense Edge comes with a dedicated fn (function) button that allows you to easily adjust your settings even while playing games. You can use this key to swap between your pre-set controller profiles and control game volumes as well.
- You Can Replace Stick Caps Back Buttons: Depending on your level of comfort, you can change the stick caps to suit you. With the changeable caps, you have three different options of Standard, High Dome and Low Dome to choose from. The two back buttons can also be altered to different inputs. This helps you keep your most used buttons at where you feel comfortable with.
- Replaceable Analog Modules : With the new DualSense Edge, you can enjoy your controller for as long as you want. When your analog gets faulty along the way, you don’t have to trash it or take it for repairs. Sony gives you the chance to buy a new replacement and easily fix it yourself.
The DualSense Edge Did Not Leave Anything Behind
- Built-in DualSense Wireless Control Functions : With all these customizable features you are getting from the DualSense Edge, Sony still gives you the experience from the standard DualSense Controller. You are still getting the haptic feedback, the internal microphone as well as the motion controls in the DualSense Edge.
What You Find In The Box Of The PlayStation 5 DualSense Edge Controller
Unlike the standard DualSense that comes with nothing else in the box, the DualSense Edge has been packaged like a true Pro controller. In the box, you will find all the stick caps that I have listed above. You will also find the back buttons inside the box.
For the first time, Sony has also provided a Type-C braided cable in the box for charging the controller. To keep everything safe while using them you will also be provided with a carrying case. This also helps to easily carry the whole package around. One more good thing about the carrying case is that, Sony has created a whole in the case. This opening helps you charge the controller even while it is still in the case.
One thing Sony has not done yet is to let the public know when the controller will go on sale. But we do know that the announcing date will be out shortly. We will share with you the moment they let the cat out of the bag.