Although TikTok is banned in a number of countries and this trend will continue, we doubt that it will fall behind other social platforms. We are almost certain that Bytedance will revise its policy, rewrite its user data terms and re-submit its application. In any case, it’s still available in many countries and regions. So if you are using this app from there, here are some tricks.
Not surprisingly, TikTok’s biggest advantage is its user base. Bytedance, on the other hand, has been able to build such a large community for a number of reasons, such as being the most convenient way to create short videos that last no longer than three minutes. As the content is only videos, the user interface is quite simple, including only a few features and icons. This makes it extremely easy to use. We mean there are no complicated and well-hidden functions and features. So this is why many users prefer this platform. Well, this is true, at least, for teenagers, the so-called generation alpha. They have a technological mindset. But when it comes to older users, there could be some difficulties in using the app.
However, some beginners still find it difficult to edit a video on TikTok. Make sure you agree before posting. Otherwise, it won’t appear in #rec. Apart from that, we’ll see how to download videos, delete them, etc.
How to delete a TikTok video
Once you have opened the TikTok app and logged in, follow these steps to delete the unwanted videos:
- Tap the person icon in the navigation bar to go to your profile.
- Scroll to your shared videos and select the one you want.
- Tap the three-dot icon. It’s on the right side of the video.
- Here you will find the “Delete” command. Tap it.
How to delete a private TikTok video
The instructions for deleting a private video on TikTok are almost identical to those above. You need to open the app and find the video you want to remove. Then tap the three-dot icon to the right of the video. Do you see the ‘delete’ command? If yes, tap it. It will delete the video from the platform immediately.
Note: When you delete a TikTok video, it is not accessible on the platform anymore. However, if someone has downloaded the video before you delete it, they will be able to upload it again.
We should also note that if your video was used in a duet or reaction video, it would still be available on the platform regardless of the fact that you have removed the original video. Yes, this is how social media applications work.
Gizchina News of the week
For your information, there is no option to delete other users’ videos. However, if there are reasons why you feel these videos shouldn’t remain on the platform, you can report them. After investigating, TikTok may take them down.
How to report the video on TikTok
- Go to the video you want to share.
- Tap and hold on to the video.
- Tap Report and follow the instructions.
How to download the TikTok video
Obviously, many users would like to save the video before deleting it. To do this, please follow the steps below:
- Locate the TikTok video you wish to download.
- Tap and hold the screen until a menu appears.
- Here you will find “Save video.”
- Once saved, the download will begin.
How to edit a TikTok video
Lastly, if you want to make changes to your TikTok videos, go to the menu on the right side of the screen. You can add text, stickers, effects, filters, or captions here. Note: you can’t edit a TikTok video once created and shared on the platform.
- Go to the TikTok app.
- You will see the “+” button.
- Select a video from your device library to upload content from your device library, or use the TikTok camera to record a video.
- Many sounds, effects, filters, and other camera features are available via the on-screen options.
- Obviously, you can start a video with a single press of the red record button. Once finished, tap the check mark.
- If you think it’s ready to appear on the net, post it.
We hope the instructions above will help you when posting or deleting TikTok videos. But you can also leave your recommendations in the comment section below.