The latest ‘must have’ home and family gadget is the internet connected smart TV with Android. Keep reading to learn how you can make a smart TV with Android to entertain you and your family this winter without breaking the bank!
Just a few years ago flatscreen TV’s were expensive luxury items only the lucky few could afford, but as technology has evolved you can now pick up a high quality TV for as little as a few hundred pounds!
Making a smart TV with Android
When choosing a TV to convert to a smart TV with Android you need to make sure of a few things.
- Resolution: Check the resolution of the TV to ensure that text is easy to read. Once your TV is an Android TV you will be able to browse the web so a screen which displays crisp, easy to read text is a must.
- HDMI: to connect an Android stick to.
- USB: to power the Android stick.
HDMI Android on a stick
Now you know that your TV is suitable to be converted in to an Android smart TV we can go about choosing the device which will bring Android to your living room.
There are a number of devices on the market which are capable of turning your TV in to a smart TV, all of them are usually cheap and are usually a similar size to a USB thumb drive.
Features to look out for are:
- USB: to connect a wired Keyboard or mouse
- Wi-Fi: so that you can connect to your router.
- SD card reader: to store Android apps and games
- Bluetooth: so you can use a wireless mouse or keyboard
- Dual-core: for faster performance and video decoding
- RAM: at least 1GB
How to turn your TV in to a smart TV with Android
So you have your TV and you have chosen the most suitable Android stick now here is how you connect the two:
- Connect the Android stick to the HDMI on your TV.
- Using the supplied cable connect the power port to one of the USB’s on the back of your TV. This will provide the stick with power.
- Turn on your TV and navigate to the HDMI or Aux channel.
- You should be greeted with Android booting up.
- Once on you can use a wired USB mouse to set up any Bluetooth devices, or you can use the wired mouse to use Android as it is.
- You should now be able to download apps and games from the Google Play store (once logged in), browse the web and even watch YouTube all from your TV!
Now that you have a smart TV with Android how will you use it? Let us know in the comments below!