After a horrifying video of a Xiaomi Mi 4i turning into light and fire surfaced on the web, yet another phone made by a Chinese phone maker seems to have done the same.
Reports coming from India reveal that a OnePlus One went kaput and exploded while being charged. While it cannot be verified at the moment, the owner of the phone reckons it was connected to the official charger when that happened.
The owner — Deepak Gosain — has since uploaded a video (see below) of the aftermath, and has approached OnePlus service centres. He has been promised a replacement, but according to Gosain he’s yet to hear anything from the company since.
OnePlus India had the following to say about the incident:
Our top priority is the health and safety of our customers. We are confident in the quality of our products, which all undergo industry-leading safety tests. We are already in touch with this customer, but since this is an open case, we cannot disclose any further information.
All of this is worrying.
— Deepak Gosain (@deepakgosain92) August 22, 2016