The NOMU S30 mini is the latest smartphone released from the rugged-specialized phone maker. The S30 mini features decent hardware but that’s not what makes it appealing, the phone is mostly aimed at hard workers and the likes, so it’ll withstand most accidental drops and severe weather conditions as it is IP68 rated.
That said, NOMU have now uploaded a video that shows how the NOMU S30 mini will behave in every day use scenarios as well; let’s have a look.
In the video we have quite a good representation of what can actually happen in real life, unlike what we see in many other “drop test” videos. By looking at the video it also appears as the S30 mini survives every drop from any heights as well as being dumped in a little pond, the smartphone is IP68 after all.
Gizchina News of the week
The NOMU S30 mini isn’t too bad on the internal hardware side neither, it in fact packs a MTK6737T CPU, 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. Here you can have a look at the whole spec sheet:
- IP68 Water, drops, and dust proof
- Real waterproof USB Port
- Android 7.0
- Super Tough Carbon fiber battery cover
- 3GB RAM+32GB ROM
- 4.7” HD touch screen with Gorilla Glass 3, supporting Glove mode and smart gesture
- 8.0MP Sony Rear camera+2.0MP front camera
- Enhanced MTK6737T quad core 1.5GHz Processor
- 3000mAh Li-Po battery
- 5V 2A quick charging
- Charging Led supported
- Bluetooth: BT 4.0
- WIFI: 802.11 a/b/g/n
- 2G: B5/B8/B3/B2, 3G: B5/B8/B2/B1, 4G FDD-LTE: B1/B3/B7/B8/B20, 4G TDD-LTE: B38/B39/B40/B41
You can learn more about the NOMU S30 mini rugged phone over on NOMU’s official website.