Huawei at its Germany unveiling event today not only announced one, two but three smartphones as part of the much-hyped Mate 10 series. Specifically, Huawei unveiled the base Huawei mate 10, a more capable mate 10 pro and the king of it all the Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10. While we already covered the basic details of the mate 10 and mate 10 pro here, we dedicate this page to the more premium Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10.
The Mate 10 Porsche design much like the mate 9 Porsche design from 2016 is the most premium of the mate 10 series and it builds on the solid hardware of the mate 10 pro while also featuring luxury exterior made out of metal and glass.
So what’s unique about the Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10? To set it straight, the premium looking Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 is more or less the same as the Mate 10 pro variant, but with Porsche branding and designs reminiscent of Porsche in almost every angle possible. It is decorated with what Huawei calls Diamond Black just to set it apart from the other variants. Upfront, you will see the Porsche’s branding below its display, and unlike the Mate 10, the Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 lacks the microSD card slot and a 3.5 mm headphone jack, but a USB-C to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter and custom made leather case are all part of the package.
Gizchina News of the week
On the display front, the Mate 10 Porsche design comes with a large 6-inch fullHD+ (2160 x 1080) FullView OLED display with virtually no bezels on either side, but still with sizeable bezels on the top and below the chin. Under the hood, the device uses same Kirin 970 64-bit octa-core processor like the Mate 10 and 10 pro, while the RAM and storage size has been bumped up to 6 GB and 256 GB respectively.
In terms of optics, the device uses same dual 12 and 20-megapixel shooters on its back (RGB and monochrome sensors) with Leica’s lenses,while an 8-megapixel snapper lies upfront for selfies. At 154.2 x 74.5 x 7.9mm; Weight: 178g, the device has same dimensions and weight as the Mate 10 pro and uses same 4,000mAh non-removable battery with Huawei’s SuperCharge fast which can supposedly jack up the battery from 0 to 58 percent in half an hour.
Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 specifications
- 6-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 FullView display, 70000:1 (Typical) Contrast ratio, 112% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 970 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) 10nm processor + i7 co-processor, Mali-G72 MP12 GPU, NPU
- 6GB RAM, 256GB storage
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- Android 8.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 8.0
- Dual SIM
- 20MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) Dual rear cameras with Leica Summilux-H lenses, f/1.6 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, CAF, Laser AF, OIS, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Water-resistant (IP67)
- Dimensions: 154.2 x 74.5 x 7.9mm; Weight: 178g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging
Like we stated before, the Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 is available only in Diamond Black color and would retail for a whopping €1395 (US$ 1646 / Rs. 10,6585 approx.) It will be available in Stores from mid-November in 20 countries including Bahrain, China, Egypt, Spain, Thailand, UAE, and the UK.