Hong Kong-based Infinix Mobility has launched it’s first Android One smartphone in India. The handset is in the Note series and is called Infinix Note 5 as it succeeds the Note 4 of last year. The Note 5 will retail for Rs 9,999 making it the cheapest Android One device on the continent.
The Infinix Note 5 promises some decent specs for the asking price and also has a clean build quality and design. It has a 5.99-inch Full-HD+ display and a Full View 18:9 aspect ratio. Under the hood, it’s core is the MediaTek Helio P23 chipset that will run Android 8.1 Oreo. It has dual 4G connectivity and a massive 4,500mAh battery. That’s not all it ships with a 18W fast charging brick, so that’s a huge plus.
For photo snappers out there, Infinix has lined up a 12MP sensor with LED and PDAF. On the flip side, the front has a 16MP sensor.
The base model 3GB + 32FGB costs Rs 9,999 and the 4GB + 64GB costs Rs 11,999. First sale will start on August 31 at 12PM on Flipkart.
- 5.99-inch (2160×1080 pixels) FHD+ 18:9 IPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P23 16nm processor with 800MHz ARM Mali G71 MP2 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with Dual LED flash, 1.25μm pixel size. f/2.0 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB OTG
- 4500mAh battery with fast charging