Back in July, OnePlus promised the hot selfie Portrait Mode to both the OnePlus 5/5T. Today the happy owners of the smartphones are being contemplated with the new feature through a new OxygenOS Beta update for both handsets.
The update includes the highly anticipated Portrait Mode (Bokeh Effect), Gaming Mod 3.0, improved weather forecast, and a new revamped Note that brings some refreshment from the newest OxygenOS. A long list of changes and optimizations for the proprietary OnePlus software are also included. Worth noting that it also brings Google’s most recent August Security Patch.
These updates were already available in OnePlus 6, but since the OnePlus 3/3T, the Chinese are adopting a new software philosophy that doesn’t leave old devices abandoned, but also introduce some features introduced in newer smartphones to the former flagships. You check the complete changelog of this update below:
Gizchina News of the week
- Added Toast message source for Toast messages sent by background apps
- Added description about sleep standby optimization when the function is turned on for the first time
- Optimized background power consumption control
- Fixed call recording issue in India
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.8
- Added portrait mode for the front camera
Gaming mode 3.0
- Added call suspension notification
- Added text notification mode
- UI and interaction optimization
- Hourly weather forecast
- 8 units of meteorological data including precipitation probability and Perceived temperature
- Improved weather data accuracy
- New OxygenOS UI
- Optimized process for sharing notes as an image
- UI optimization
Since this update is a Beta, you can find some bugs or freezes here or there. So be ready to contact the company on their forums for further problems.