First announced in China back in August as the Nokia X5, HMD Global has now announced the availability as well as price details of the Nokia 5.1 plus in one of its key market. Today, HMD global says pre-order for the Nokia 5.1 Plus begins immediately until October 1 when it will finally go on sale exclusively on Flipkart and Nokia online store at Rs. 10,999/$151.
Based on Android 8.1 Oreo, the device is part of the Android One programme, so you can be sure of regular updates, while HMD says it will also get the Android 9.0 Pie in the nearest future. Its major features include a 5.86-inch HD+ (720×1520) resolution,a screen notch, dual rear cameras, a rear fingerprint sensor, and a 3,000mAh battery.
Nokia 5.1 Plus specifications
- 5.86-inch ( 720×1520 pixels) HD+ 2.5D curved glass 19:9 aspect ratio display
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio P60 12nm processor (Quad 2GHz Cortex A73 + Quad 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs) with 800MHz ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 400GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) OS, upgradable to Android P
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, secondary 5-megapixel rear camera
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 80.4-degree wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 149.51 x 71.98 x 8.096 mm; Weight: 160g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3060mAh (typcial) / 3000mAh (minimum) battery
HMD Global is offering users up to Rs.1800 cashback in the form of vouchers and 240 GB data for Airtel users.