Today, Smartisan’s software division pushed a new Smartisan OS 18.104.22.168_TNT update to the Smartisan Nut R1. This software update mainly upgrades the Smartisan TNT large-screen operating system.
Smartisan’s TNT large-screen operating system is a special desktop mode based on Smartisan OS. It uses the a new “human-computer interaction” method called TNT (Touch and Talk), with gestures and voice commands to run through the OS. Supporting voice commands by simply tapping on the display and talking. It also supports aggregated search, one-time input, full-platform query and a panoramic display of search results.
Smartisan’s OS is probably one of the best selling feature on their phones such as the Smartisan Nut R1. According to Chinese users, the software is indeed quite personalized, light and optimized. It also has many useful features you don’t find by default on Android phones, some users even go as far as saying Smartisan OS is the best OS after Apple’s iOS.
What not too many have liked is the TNT desktop mode in which Smartisan invested quite heavily though. Many users find it useless and too immature, unable to substitute a real PC yet and thus a waste of resources.
While customers aren’t always right, this time around they seem to be proven by the financial status of the company, which – if you weren’t aware – is pretty bad and really close to bankruptcy.
Smartisan Nut R1 Specs
- 6.17 inch 2242×1080 Pixel FHD+ screen, 403 ppi
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845, Octa core, 2.8GHz, GPU: Adreno 630
- Smartisan OS, 6GB RAM + 64GB ROM
- Dual Nano SIM card dual standby
- Support FDD LTE/4G+/3G/GPS/dual band Wifi/Bluetooth/Miracast/OTG/Type-C/Fingerprint ID/Face ID
- 2G: GSM B2/B3/B5/B8; CDMA 1X BC0/BC1/BC6
- 3G: WCDMA B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B6/B8/B9/B19; TD-SCDMA B34/B39
- 4G: FDD-LTE B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B12/B17/B18/B19/B20/B25/B26/B28, TDD-LTE B34/B38/B39/B40/B41