HUAWEI’s HONOR brand has just announced the Honor 20i – the first device in the Honor 20 series that will be fully launched later on May 21 at an event in London. As speculated, the Honor 20i is perhaps the same as the Honor 10I and the Honor 20 Lite that will hit the international markets soon.
The device is largely a rebadged Honor 10i perhaps with more RAM and storage options. At 154.8 x 73.8 x 8mm and weight of 164 grams, the Honor 20i gets a 6.21″ 19.5:9 aspect ratio display, 90% STB ratio with a water drop or U-shaped notch previously seen on the Honor 10i. The device rocks the 710 SoC with an octa-core CPU and is paired with 4GB/6GB RAM with 128GB/64GB/256GB onboard storage. The Honor 10i launched only in 4GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD.
On the flip side, the Honor 20i comes fitted with a triple camera setup consisting of a 24-megapixel primary sensor with f/1.8 aperture, an 8-megapixel ultra wide-angle lens, and 2-megapixel depth sensor coupled with photo enhancing features like night scene mode, anti-shake, super slow-motion video shooting, professional mode, panorama and portrait mode.
HONOR 20i specifications
Gizchina News of the week
- 6.21-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 710 12nm (4 x 2.2GHz Cortex-A73 +4 x 1.7GHz Cortex-A53) with ARM Mali-G51 MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 128GB storage / 6GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB / 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 24MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, secondary 2MP rear camera, 8MP ultra-wide camera
- 32MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 154.8×73.64×7.95mm; Weight: 164g
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB
- 3400mAh (typical) / 3320mAh (minimum) battery
Other hardware specs include a 32MP front camera, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, and a 3400mAh battery, to power it all. It runs on EMUI 9 based on Android 9 Pie on top. At the rear, the Honor 20i has a fingerprint sensor embedded onto the polycarbonate rear panel which is painted in in Gradient Blue, Gradient Red, and Midnight Black colors. The brand has also introduced a special edition version dubbed the 20i AAPE x HONOR.
The device will go on sale from April 18 at various price points.
- 1599 yuan (US$ 239 / Rs. 16,580 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage / 4GB RAM with 128GB storage versions
- 1899 yuan (US$ 284 / Rs. 19,695 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version
- 2199 yuan (US$ 328 / Rs. 22,807 approx.) for 6GB RAM with 256GB storage version/ 20i AAPE x HONOR