Today, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 which was released in March 2018 got a new stable update (MIUI 10.3.1 stable version) which comes with the Android 9 Pie system. Amongst other features, this smartphone will now support face unlock application, photo-text watermark editing, Xiaoai voice wake-up feature, gaming features such as a phone docking window, etc.
The specific update log is as follows:
- App Lock: Added support for unlocking apps via face
- Clock: Fix the problem that the timer page button clicks blink; fix the problem that the clock flashes on a special date.
- Calculator: Fix the problem that the calculator crashes when the little Xiaoai is not turned on
- Album: Add photo text watermark editing, added a variety of art watermark styles
- Weather: Added cloudy and hazy animations; optimized 15-day trend interface adaptation; optimized large font and screen density related issues
- Settings: optimize the settings page for the system application
- Xiaoai: Added voice wake-up feature
- Game Acceleration: Added the phone floating window function which allows the phone to display the gaming state using the floating window
This update is currently rolling out to Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 units in China and it wouldn’t take long for the global counterparts of this device to get the update. As usual, all units will not receive the OTA update at the same time, thus you may want to check settings > system update for available updates.