After much teasing from the company and series of leaks, OPPO’s sub-brand REALME about a month ago unveiled its most top-end smartphone flagship smartphone, the Realme X, in China. The device offers a lot at an affordable price point. Besides the regular Realme X, and X Youth edition, the OPPO backed brand also announced a special edition of the device dubbed: Realme X Master edition – in “Garlic Edition” and an “Onion Edition ,” both of which are the work of Muji’s iconic designer, Naoto Fukasawa, who is also known for his quirky Infobar phones.
Sadly, the regular Realme X has since been available for sale in China, while the special “Garlic Edition” and an “Onion Edition (Realme X Master edition) were delayed. However, the company has now announced that the special devices will go on sale from June 27, in China. And ahead of the planned sale, the brand’s official website in China is now accepting the reservations of the smartphone.
The Garlic Edition” and an “Onion Edition (Realme X Master edition) are priced at 1,899 Yuan (~$276), and at that price, you get a Realme X painted in unique and attractive colors like Onion and White Garlic, with more RAM, and storage (8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage), otherwise, both devices pack the same specs as the regular Realme X.
The device is proudly a mid-range one with dual-SIM support and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 chipset under its hood. It flaunts a 6.53-inch FHD+ (2,340 x 1,080) AMOLED screen with an in-display fingerprint reader, a pop-up camera, and of course a dual rear cam setup.
Realme X / Realme X Master edition specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display with 100% NTSC Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 64GB storage / 8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 128GB storage
- Dual SIM
- ColorOS 6.0 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 6P lens, LED flash, 5MP secondary rear camera
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 161.2×76×9.4mm; Weight: 191g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3765mAh battery (typical) / 3680mAh (minimum) with VOOC 3.0 fast charging