Yesterday, Chinese manufacturer, Huawei, officially unveiled the Mate 20X 5G in Shenzhen, China. This is the company’s first 5G phone and the first 5G device in China. However, since the commercialization of 5G is still at its infancy, many users wondered if the Chinese version of the Mate 20X 5G can be used outside China.
According to Bruce Lee, vice president of Huawei’s mobile phone product line, the Mate 20X 5G is available in many countries. This smartphone is available in Germany, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Poland, the United Arab Emirates, and other countries. The hardware is the same thus the Chinese version will be compatible with the 5G network in these countries.
The Huawei Mate 20 X 5G version uses a 7.2-inch panoramic giant screen with a resolution of 2244×1080. It has a rear 40MP super wide-angle Leica triple camera (40MP + 20MP + 8MP). This smartphone also supports 40W super fast charge which delivers 70% charge in 30 minutes.
According to He Gang, president of Huawei’s terminal mobile phone product line, Huawei Mate 20X 5G has many firsts:
- The first and only 5G phone with a dual 7nm chip (Kirin 980 & Balong 5000)
- Huawei Mate 20X 5G version is the only 5G phone that supports SA / NSA 5G networking mode
- It is the first phone in China with a 5G network access license
- The first 5G communication equipment with five-star certificate
- It has a GCF 5G capability certification – the first phone to do so
This smartphone will be officially sold on August 16 and it comes with a 6,199 yuan ($901 – 8GB + 256GB) price tag.