At the Redmi Note 8 series conference on August 29th, Lu Weibing, the general manager of Redmi, announced the five strategies and goals of the Redmi brand
- To adhere to the “extreme cost performance”
- Keep to high quality
- Accelerate internationalization
- Prior layout for high-end products
- Focus on 5G, expand multi-category, prior layout for AIoT, and to build a Redmi ecosystem
In addition, on August 30th, Lu Weibing answered the question “Who is Redmi?”…His answer is as follows:
- Redmi’s mission is to serve 70% of the world’s 7 billion people, so that more people can enjoy the beautiful life brought by technology. We always believe that high technology is not always expensive. The ultimate mission of high technology is to serve the public…
- Redmi must have the skill of being the first to use the technology, and continue to popularize high-end technology…
- Redmi constantly improves its quality, using good materials which improves the overall experience while maintaining its price…
Of all Lu Weibing said, it is the desire of Redmi to serve about 5 billion people (70% of the world) that looks a bit ambitious. However, Redmi is diverse thus its impact all its devices will come into play.
Lu Weibing: Redmi’s New Products
Yesterday, the Chinse manufacturer held a massive press conference where it released a couple of products. These products will take the market by storm because the prices are competitive. Here are the latest products from Redmi
- Redmi Note 8 Pro: 64MP quad-rear camera / liquid cooling game core / 4500mAh long battery / multi-function NFC. Price Tag: 1399 yuan ($196).
- Redmi Note 8: 48MP quad-rear camera / Snapdragon 665 / 4000mAh large power +18W Fast charge. Price Tag: 999 yuan ($140).
- Redmi TV: First 70″ large screen. Price Tag: 3799 yuan ($532).
- Redmibook 14 enhanced version comes with a 3999 yuan ($560) starting price.