Just a few days back, we came across some leaked images of a Motorola phone that suggest the brand could be launching a Motorola Phone with a pop-up camera sensor. The marketing name of the device, as well as some specs details, were however missing as at the time of the report. Some speculated it could be another Motorola One Android smartphone series, while others suggested it could be a Z Force smartphone.
Well, while we still do not know the exact identity, a new leak from nowhere suggests the said Motorola smartphone with a pop-up camera design is very well part of the One series. Besides that, the latest leak reveals quite a lot of the device’s specs as well as some higher res renders. And much like what we saw earlier, the device has a full-screen design with nearly no bezels, save for the slightly larger lower one. Around back there is also an illuminated Moto batwing logo.
According to ProAndroid, the Motorola One Smartphone has a pop-up camera design with a 32 Mp sensor with an f / 2.2 aperture that uses pixel binning to output a single 8MP image. It is also the first time that Motorola is committed to a front photographic structure of this resolution, a fact that confirms the importance of the cameras of this device.
Gizchina News of the week
Motorola Pop-up camera phone in brief
- Display: 6.39 Inch, IPS LCD, 2340 x 1080 px
- Battery: 3,600 mAh, 15 W fast charging or faster
- Front Camera: 32 MP, f/2.0, motorized popup
- Rear Camera: 64 MP, f/1.8 + 8 MP, f/2.2 + depth sensor
- Chipset: Snapdragon 675, Octa-Core Kryo 460 CPU, Adreno 612 GPU
- Connectivity Options: 4G VoLTE, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ Wi-Fi, NFC, FM Radio, headphone jack, Bluetooth 5.0
- RAM: 4GB
- ROM: 128 GB, expandable via microSD
- Security and Other Features: rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, LED on the fingerprint sensor, Dual-SIM hybrid tray
- Android: Android 9, Upgradable to Android 10
On the flip side, there is a dual-camera setup – one of which is a sensor with f / 1.8 aperture, and a second 8MP camera with an aperture f / 2.2. And much like the selfie camera, the 64MP uses 4-in-1 pixel binning for a single 16MP image. It comes with portrait mode and Night Vision, 4K video recording at 30 fps and Full HD at 60 fps. The slow-motion reaches 120 fps in FullHD resolution and 240 fps in HD.
Rounding off the specs sheet, ProAndroid reports that the device is powered by Snapdragon 675 SoC, coupled with 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage. It is based on pure Android software, though there is no confirmation it is an Android One smartphone. It gets a 3600mAh battery with 4G connectivity, NFC connectivity, accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and FM Radio.
The exact name and launch date are yet to be confirmed, perhaps that should happen sooner than we expect.