OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T users can now get first dibs on Android 10-based OxygenOS since the company has officially announced the Android 10 Open Beta 1 for the above-mentioned devices in a OnePlus Community post. If you are interested, you can install it right away on your device by following the instructions mentioned below.
OnePlus has also provided a changelog describing the new additions that come with Android 10 based OxygenOS for the last year’s OnePlus 6 Series.
OnePlus 6/6T Android 10 Open Beta 1 Changelog
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
As mentioned in the official changelog above, the Android 10 based OxygenOS for OnePlus 6 series brings almost all the features that are already available on the OnePlus 7 and 7T series. In case you have forgotten or do not know, OnePlus has already rolled out the Android 10 update to the 7 series, even before the launch of 7T series.
If you are interested in trying the beta on your OnePlus 6/6T, then follow the below-mentioned instructions.
Note: Since its a beta build, there are many bugs which are currently known and also there could be many which are unknown at the moment. Hence, it is recommended not to use this build as a daily driver. Also, make sure to take a backup if anything goes wrong. Last but not least, 30% battery and at least 3GB of storage are required to install the beta build.
Step 2: Copy the downloaded file on your phone’s internal storage.
Step 2: On your phone, go to Settings -> System updates.
Step 3: Tap on the gear icon at the top right corner and select Local upgrade.
Step 4: Now, select the downloaded file and let the installation process complete.
Step 5: Finally, tap on Reboot when prompted to complete the installation.
If you have installed the Android10 Open Beta 1 on your OnePlus 6/6T, then do let us know about your experience in the comment section below.