Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC has just expanded its desire series of smartphones with the launch of the HTC Desire 19s. The desire 19s comes as the sequel to the desire 19+, while it is in fact a true successor to the HTC Desire 12s. The arrival of the desire 19s is again a true testament that the ailing firm isn’t yet giving up on the smartphone market. But whether or not the Desire 19s is innovative enough to turn around the company’s declining mobile sales is yet to be known.
The device shares a similar design with the HTC Wildfire X featuring a thin bezel design with a teardrop-shaped cutout at the top of the screen to accommodate the selfie camera thin. And on the flip side, it gets a trio of cameras, fitted in a rear panel with a textured bottom half and a glossy top. The camera consists of a 13MP F/1.9 main cam, a 5MP F/2.2 ultrawide unit, and a 5MP depth shooter. The rear panel houses a fingerprint scanner too.
Upfront, it comes fitted with a 6.2-inch IPS display with an HD+ resolution and 19:9 aspect ratio, and a water-drop notch that is home to a 16MP selfie cam.
It sadly boots Android 9 Pie on top of HTC’s Sense UI skin out of the box, gets a 3850mAh battery, while it is powered by a MediaTek Helio P22 chipset, 3850 mAh battery, with 10W charging over the Type-C port.
HTC Desire 19s specifications
- 6.2-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 display
- 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) 12nm processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 9 (Pie) with HTC Sense UI
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 13MP (primary with f/1.85 aperture) +5MP (ultra-wide with f/2.2 aperture) +5MP (depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture)
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Dimensions: 156.2 x 74.8 x 8.47 mm; Weight: 170g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, NFC
- 3850mAh battery; 10W charging
HTC Desire 19s Pricing
The device is at the moment only available in Home city Taiwan, with no words on an International rollout yet. The asking price is TWD 5,990 ($195).