DxOMark experts who specialize in testing cameras of modern smartphones gave their assessment of the Sony Xperia 5 front camera. They rated the device 79 points, two points lower than last year’s flagship Galaxy S9+. But one point higher than its predecessor – Xperia 1. DxOMark noted problems with white balance both indoors and outdoors. Alongside with a limited dynamic range. And a high amount of noise and errors in choosing the depth of field when shooting in portrait mode.
Sony Xperia 5 front camera review
Gizchina News of the week
At the same time, DxOMark distinguishes a wide dynamic range when shooting outdoors, accurate exposure (including when shooting with flash), good focus, good detail and reliable stabilization when shooting video. In the end, Xperia 5 is located at the bottom of the rating along with Xperia 1. Earning 81 points for the photo and 76 points for the video. The king of the selfie camera according to DxOMark remains the Galaxy Note 10+ with a total score of 99 points.
- Wide depth-of-field focus
- Accurate exposure indoors and outdoors
- Wide dynamic range outdoors, including bokeh shots
- Accurate exposures using flash
- White balance errors indoors and outdoors
- Strong noise in all conditions
- Limited dynamic range indoors
- Strong color fringing and hue shift artifacts
- Depth estimation failures in bokeh shots