The tablet manufacturing industry is not as lucrative as it used to be due to the preponderance of large-screen smartphones. Today, IDC released the top ten predictions for the tablet industry. According to the research company, the performance of tablets will continue to improve. However, the consumer market will show a downward trend. Nevertheless, the overall market demand will be somewhat stable.
Top ten predictions for the tablet industry by IDC
- The consumer market will show a downward trend
- Education industry will become the main thrust of the commercial market
- Detachable (supports pluggable keyboard) tablet high-speed growth
- AI voice control will come with more tablets
- More tablets will use 3D hardware systems
- Screen refresh rate will further increase
- Tablet computing performance will improve
- More diverse user application
- 5G tablet is coming – the demand remains unknown
- Tablet unit prices continue to rise
IDC believes that this year’s 4GB / 6GB + 128GB combination of tablets will have the most obvious growth. 6GB + 256GB will also gain more market space, and the performance of tablets will continue to improve in the future. In the consumer market, tablet PC sales are expected to decline by 6% year-on-year in 2020. What do you think about the tablet industry?