After the launch of the Xiaomi Mi 10, the company unveiled the higher version, Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro. Just like the Xiaomi Mi 10, the Pro model comes with a 6.67-inch Full HD+ curved AMOLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate and 180Hz touch sampling rate. This smartphone also supports DC dimming and 4096-level screen brightness.
Looking at the hardware, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro comes with a Snapdragon 865 SoC with 5G SA/NSA support. It also incorporates a Snapdragon X55 Modem. It also uses a new generation LPDDR 5 memory (12GB) and a faster UFS3.0 which delivers write speed up to 730MB / s. This device support Wi-Fi 6 which comes with a throughput rate of 9.6Gbps. We also have Android 10 with MIUI 11, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, NFC, 1cc dual linear speakers and 3.5mm audio jack with Hi-Res audio support.
The Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro comes with the new 108MP custom outsole ISP lens. An interesting part of this sensor is that it supports OIS anti-shake. Furthermore, this phone supports a more efficient HEIF format. This greatly saves storage space by compressing all media without reducing the quality. The camera also adds Smart shooting which can intelligently eliminate shadows.
This device comes with a quad-rear camera setup. This includes a 108P main camera (1 / 1.33-inch outsole, 7P lens, 4 in 1 1.6 micron large pixel). The phone also has a 12MP telephoto camera with supports 2x optical zoom with dual PD autofocus, an 8MP telephoto camera that supports 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom and a 20MP ultra-wide-angle camera.
Looking at the 108MP lens, it supports 8K movie, OIS + EIS, dual optical super image stabilization; AI video editing, 12 AI smart templates, AI real-time voice to subtitles, video tagging, and other functions. It is also suitable for mainstream PTZ fast pairing.
Gizchina News of the week
According to Xiaomi, the Mi 10 Pro scores 124 points on DXOMark. This takes it to the top of the chart. The Mi 10 Pro is currently the highest-rated DxOMark smartphone. It beats the Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G, which was leading previously. The Mi 10 Pro currently tops both Audio as well as Camera tests on DxOMark.
For its battery, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro has a 4500mAh battery with support for 50W fast charging. It also supports 30W wireless fast charging and 10w wireless reverse charging.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 90Hz refresh rate, 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.0 storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.0 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, OIS, 8P lens LED flash, 12MP 1/2.6-inch 2PD sensor with 1.4um for 2x zoom and portrait, 8MP telephoto lens for 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom, 5x optical zoom, OIS, 20MP 117° ultra-wide angle lens, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, 1216 1.0cc speaker
- Dimensions: 162.6×74.8×8.96mm; Weight: 208g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- Mi 10 Pro — 4500mAh (Typical) / 4400mAh (Minimum) battery with 50W QC 4+ / PD3.0 wired, 30W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging
Furthermore, Xiaomi Mi 10 comes with a large horizontal linear motor. This improves the touch of the mechanical keyboard and optimizes 150 kinds of scene vibrations. In addition to the super WiFi and Bluetooth, this phone also adds NFC support.
Price and Availability
The Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro is available in titanium silver black, peach gold, and ice blue. This smartphone comes in three storage variants. They are as follows:
- 8+256GB – 4999 yuan ($716)
- 12+256GB – 5499 yuan ($788)
- 12+512GB – 5999 yuan ($859)
Xiaomi is also offering a special flip cover for the Mi 10 for 69 yuan ($10).