In August last year, Samsung released the Galaxy Book S notebook for the first time. This notebook comes with a 7nm Snapdragon 8cx processor, 8GB RAM, and an optional 256GB or 512 GB storage space. This 13.3-inch touch screen notebook weighs only 0.96 kg and uses Windows 10 ARM system. After several delays, Samsung began accepting reservations for Galaxy Book S laptops last month. Now, you can order the Samsung Galaxy Book S for $ 999.
Here is a quick overview of key specifications of Samsung Galaxy Book S:
- Display: 13.3-inch TFT FHD
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8CX, 7nm
- Memory: 8GB RAM, 256.512GB storage
- Software: Windows 10 Home/Pro
- Battery: 42Wh, Type-C fast charging support
- Network: LTE Cat.18, Nano SIM
- Colors: Earthly Gold and Mercury Grey
- Weight: 0.96kg
- Dimensions: 305.2 x 203.2 x 6.2-11.8mm
Highlights of the Samsung Galaxy Book S:
- The Galaxy Book S is more suitable for office work. It is only 11.8mm thick and weighs less than 1 kg. It allows you to carry the device with you. The sturdy flip cover provides stability and allows you to type for a long time without fatigue.
- The Snapdragon 8cx platform provides an excellent Always On, Always Connected PC computing experience, with outstanding performance and longer battery life.
- The 42Wh battery can continuously play videos for up to 25 hours.
- With the USB-C adapter, you can easily charge the Samsung Galaxy Book S. You can charge your device without having to carry a large adapter with you.
- One-click startup and login. The power button and fingerprint sensor share the same button. This allows you to put-on and login to the device with one click.
Like we said earlier, the Galaxy Book S features a 13.3-inch TFT touchscreen with a Full HD+ resolution and an aspect ratio of 16:9. The display panel supports the 10-point multi-touch operation. This notebook comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8CX SoC. For those who’re unaware, Snapdragon 8CX is basically a custom version of Snapdragon 855. It uses the 7nm fabrication process with a maximum clock speed of 2.84GHz. In terms of RAM & storage, the Galaxy Book S packs an 8GB LPDDR4X RAM and up to 512GB storage option. The internal storage is expandable via the MicroSD slot.
What makes this laptop unique is the addition of various connectivity features that competitors lag behind in. The Galaxy Book S has a nano-SIM slot with the support of LTE and 3G networks. Other features include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v 5.0, and USB Type-C. With its 42Wh battery, Samsung touts an incredible 23 hours of video playback time.