Samsung mid-range smartphones are becoming the most interesting options in the market. The company increasingly includes better features and leaves us with very balanced devices. Today we must talk about a new Samsung device for the mid-range. It has been leaking a lot during the last weeks and we can finally know all its details. This is the Samsung Galaxy M31, the renewal of the Galaxy M30. The device has been presented in India, where it already has an official sale date and confirmed price. Now we just have to wait to see if it also finally lands in global markets
The Samsung Galaxy M30 came as one of the company’s most special mobiles with its 6,000 mAh battery. Now the company continues along this line of interesting features and a huge battery that we don’t see in virtually any competitive option. The 5,000 mAh can be seen, but 6,000 is not very common.
Design and features of the Samsung Galaxy M31
The design of this new device does not come with great news. We are facing a simple device, with a plastic body that follows the guidelines of the Galaxy M30 and M30s. In the images supplied by Samsung we can see that its lower bezel is slightly smaller and that in the rear there is one more sensor in the camera.
We still have USB-C, audio jack, a notch on the top and a fingerprint sensor placed in the back. It is a fairly normal design that most users will like.
Gizchina News of the week
Samsung Galaxy M31 specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core (Quad 2.3GHz + Quad 1.7GHz) Exynos 9611 10nm processor with Mali-G72MP3 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) Storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 10 with One UI 2.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with Samsung GW1 sensor, LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 8MP 123° ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture and 5MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, Sony IM616 sensor
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Atmos
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 6000mAh battery with 15W fast charging
Many of the features of this Galaxy M31 remind us of the current M30s. We can say that this model is a slight renovation of the current M30s. It focuses on the camera, which now arrives with a 64MP main sensor, a 12MP wide angle, a 5MP macro and a 5MP depth sensor as well.
We also see advances in the amount of RAM and storage quality. It is important to emphasize that it is UFS 2.1, which will offer a better experience when copying files or installing applications.
Finally, the device arrives with Android 10 and One UI 2.0. Also with many features of the high range in terms of modes or software.
Price and availability
This device has been presented in India and we are unaware of its arrival in other markets. The M30s did arrive in other markets, but the Galaxy M30 did not. For now we must wait.
This Galaxy M31 will go on sale on March 5 in India with a price of Rs. 14999 ($210) for the 6 + 64 GB version.