Back in May 2019, OnePlus launched its first 5G smartphone dubbed OnePlus 7 Pro 5G. The device came with Android 9.0 Pie with OxygenOS 9.5.11 skin on top out-of-the-box. After months of waiting, the device has finally started receiving the latest Android 10 software update. For those who’re unaware, OnePlus rolled out the Android 10 update to the regular OnePlus 7 and the non-5G variant of OnePlus 7 Pro last October.
OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Gets Android 10 Update with OxygenOS 10.0.4
As promised earlier, OnePlus has now started seeding the Android 10 update to its OnePlus 7 Pro 5G smartphone in Q1 2020. The update brings the OxygenOS to the latest 10.0.4 version. It is worth noting that the company is rolling out the update in batches meaning you might not receive it in an instant. With that said, you should receive the update notification once the update is ready to hit your device. Alternatively, you can also check manually by heading over to the Settings>>Software&Update.
Gizchina News of the week
As of now, there is no information regarding which regions are actually getting the update. Considering that the update was initially scheduled for Europe in Q1 2020, the Android 10 might be hitting in the mentioned region. If you have received the update, then you can let us know in the comment section below along with your region.
You can find the complete changelog for the all-new OxygenOS 10.0.4 based on Android 10 down below.
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Contextual Info
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Contextual info)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)