Galaxy Watch Active 2 was unveiled in August. The smartwatch integrates all the functions expected from such a device. Among these, Samsung had talked about the possibility of being able to carry out a sort of electrocardiogram (ECG) in Apple Watch style. However, this is a function not yet available on the wearable of the South Korean brand.
The giant from Seoul had promised to implement the ECG function on the Galaxy Watch Active 2 in the first quarter of 2020, but it will not be so. The confirmation comes directly from the company’s official forum where a spokesperson has made it known that additional time is needed before a stable and fully functional version can be released.
Unfortunately, however, no new timelines have been provided. The communication ends with a promise of notification when the service is available. It is therefore unknown when users who have purchased Galaxy Watch Active 2 will be able to take advantage of the function announced during the presentation. It is not excluded that Samsung will soon indicate a new forecast for the release period. In the forum, some users were upset because – in some cases – the choice of purchase was dictated by this function, so it will be up to you to wait a little longer.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 4G (44mm) specifications
- 1.4-inch (360 x 360 pixels) Super AMOLED, full color Always On Display, Corning Gorilla Glass DX+ protection
- Exynos 9110 Dual-core 1.15 GHz processor
- 1.5GB RAM, 4GB Internal Memory
- Tizen-based Wearable OS, compatible with Android 5.0 or above with more than 1.5GB RAM (Samsung/Non-Samsung). And iPhone 5 and above running iOS 9.0 or above. Also, for this eSIM version, pairing the watch with your phone for the first time and activation requires a Samsung phone
- Heart Rate Monitoring (with 8 Photodiodes), Electrocardiogram (ECG), Accelerometer (measure up to 32g of force), Gyroscope, Barometer, Ambient Light
- 5ATM + IP68 water resistance, MIL-STD-810G certified for durability
- Dimensions: 44 x 44 x 10.9 mm; Weight: 30g (Aluminum) / 42g (Stainless Steel 44mm)
- e-SIM, 4G LTE B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B12, B13, B20, and B66
- LTE function is compatibility only for Samsung smartphones
- Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, NFC, A-GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou
- 340mAh battery with WPC-based wireless charging