Do you want to use Facebook Messenger on your Mac or PC without the need to open your browser every time? Now you can finally download the official Facebook Messenger desktop app for macOS or Windows and chat with friends without having to open your browser.
Facebook Messenger for Mac and Windows is launched on the Mac App Store and Microsoft Store and it’s available worldwide. As early as April last year, there were rumors about this app, and here it is finally available.
Facebook launches Messenger desktop app for Windows and macOS
The app supports dark mode on both platforms and brings access to free texting, and high-quality voice & video chat built specifically for desktop. It also supports multitask while video chatting so you never miss a moment. In addition, it supports desktop notifications.
You can send photos and videos to keep in touch with friends and family, and with desktop versions, you can even type faster and get the most benefits from the platform. The company said that the app is “Made for big screens and close connections. You can get access to free texting, and high-quality voice & video chat built specifically for desktop”.
Gizchina News of the week
- Group video calls on a larger screen. Stay in touch with family and friends, join a workout, or host a virtual happy hour.
- Easy to connect. You don’t need to know someone’s email or phone number since all your Facebook friends have Messenger.
- Multitasking. Your chats are easily accessible, and you can pop in and out of the app while doing other things on your computer.
- Notifications. You can receive notifications for new messages, so you can quickly find the chat you’re looking for. But you’re in control — you can choose to mute and snooze notifications.
- Chats sync across mobile and desktop. You’ll never miss a call or message no matter what device you’re using.
- Everything you love about Messenger on a bigger screen. Including Dark Mode and GIFs.
It is worth mentioning that recently, Facebook has removed its official social network app from Microsoft app store. For the moment, we do not know if another version is in development!