The Cuban YouTube channel TechnoLike Plus, together with the XDA Developers website, has posted a detailed review of the Google Pixel 4a smartphone’s camera system, which is expected to be announced in May.
Tests were made using the Google Camera application 7.3.021.300172532, but it is not known which edition of the software will be in the smartphone at release.
Google Pixel 4a has a 12.2-megapixel Sony IMX363 rear sensor with an aperture of f/1.73 and a pixel size of 1.4 microns, as well as a front-facing Sony IMX355 sensor of 8 megapixels (f/2.0 and 1.14 microns). In addition, the main modules of Google Pixel 3, 3a and 4 use the same IMX363.
The rear camera supports electronic and optical image stabilization and has a horizontal viewing angle of 65.6 degrees. While the selfie camera only supports EIS.
Like its older counterparts, the Pixel 4a supports Night Sight mode, portrait photo shooting, HDR +, and astrophotography to capture the night sky. In addition, the Super Res Zoom algorithm allows you to zoom in eight times without a telephoto lens.
We expect that the Google Pixel 4a will arrive with a 5.81-inch display with a resolution of 2340 × 1080, a Snapdragon 730 chipset with 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB of UFS 2.1 drive, a 3080 mAh battery and a physical fingerprint scanner on the back. It will cost about $399.
Google Pixel 4a camera test
Portrait Mode Samples
Rumored Google Pixel 4a Specifications
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730
- GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal storage: 64GB UFS 2.1
- Display: Single hole-punch 5.81-inch display, 2,340 x 1,080 resolution, 443 dpi, 60Hz refresh rate
- Rear camera: 12.2 MP Sony IMX363, f/1.73 aperture, 1.4µm pixels, OIS, EIS, LED flash, 4K video recording, Autofocus
- Front camera: 8.0 MP Sony IMX355, f/2.0 aperture, 1.14µm pixels, EIS, Fixed focus
- Connectivity: 4G, Dual SIM, GPS, WiFi 5, Bluetooth, GLONASS
- Ports: USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: Rear fingerprint sensor
- Battery : 3,080 mAh
- Software: Android 10