Last month, Xiaomi announced its Mi 10 Youth Edition smartphone for the Chinese market. The star feature of the Mi 10 Youth is its great zoom capabilities. Later, it was revealed that the smartphone will have a global launch, but under the name of the Mi 10 Lite Zoom Edition (of course, with 5G).
Xiaomi advertises it as a phone with support for Snapdragon 765G and Quick Charge 3+, as well as a device that has an AI camera with 50x digital zoom. Xiaomi reports that the periscope sensor will also be capable of 5x optical zoom.
Now, Lei Jun, the co-founder and CEO of Xiaomi, has shared a video on Weibo in which he shows the zoom capacity of the Xiaomi Mi-10 Youth Edition.
In this video, we can see how a Mi-10 Youth Edition mounted on a tripod performs in the zoom of up to 50 times to take an image of the Ping An Finance Center, the fourth tallest building in the world, as well as the second tallest building in China. The videos show that this mid-range smartphone is capable of capturing photographs 10 kilometers away using its zoom capabilities.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth Edition 5G specifications
- 6.57-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 display with HDR 10+, 600nit (HBM) / 800 nit (peak) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 10 with MIUI 11, upgradable to MIUI 12
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with LED Flash, 0.8μm, f/1.79 aperture, 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP telephoto lens with OIS, 5x optical, 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom, 2cm macro camera
- 16MP front-facing camera
- In-Display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Smart PA, Hi-Res audio, 0.91cc speaker
- Dimensions: 164.06×72.77×7.88mm; Weight: 192g
- 5G SA/ NSA / Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5), GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4160mAh battery with 22.5w fast charging, Qualcomm Quick Charge Charge 4+/3+