Strategy Analytics has announced the ranking of the most popular smartphones running the Android operating system in the first quarter of this year.
Samsung Galaxy A51 became the most popular Android smartphone in early 2020
The list is headed by the Samsung Galaxy A51. Its sales during January – March amounted to about 6 million units, which corresponds to approximately 2.3% of the global market.
In second place we have the Redmi 8 with a share of 1.9%. In addition, in the third spot, we have the Samsung Galaxy S20+ with a result of 1.7%.
Next come the Samsung Galaxy A10s and Redmi Note 8 smartphones, each of which occupied approximately 1.6% of the market. Following them is the Samsung Galaxy A20s with a share of about 1.4%.
If we look at the smartphone market as a whole, then it was seriously damaged due to the new coronavirus. The pandemic led to the closure of stores and retail outlets around the world.
According to Strategy Analytics, 274.8 million smartphones were sold globally in the first quarter of this year. This is 17% less compared to the first quarter of last year, when shipments amounted to 330.4 million units. Here is a reminder of the Galaxy A51 specifications.
Samsung Galaxy A51 specifications
- 6.5-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Infinity-O Super AMOLED screen
- Octa-Core (Quad 2.3GHz + Quad 1.7GHz) Exynos 9611 10nm processor with Mali-G72 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 10 with Samsung One UI 2.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 12MP 123-degree ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Atmos
- Samsung Pay
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 73.6 x 7.9mm ; Weight: 172g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4000mAh battery with 15W fast charging