A month ago, information suddenly appeared that the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 smartphone, which at that time had already received One UI 2.0 update, would also receive One UI 2.1.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 begins to receive One UI 2.1 update
Then it was said that the update should be expected in June, and now it came out. At the same time, the owners of the devices in Germany, and not in South Korea, were the first to receive the new firmware, as previously thought.
The firmware N960FXXU5ETF5 requires more than 1.25 GB of free space and contains the June security patch. Unfortunately, although this was to be expected, Galaxy Note 9 did not receive all the new features inherent in One UI 2.1 on the current flagships. But the 2018 device now has Quick Share and Music Share functions and AR Zone support. Samsung also significantly updated the camera application, adding to it the Single Take mode.
Gizchina News of the week
One UI 2.1 update also brings new AR Emoji, Pro- shooting mode, support for 4K 60fps for the front camera, minor changes in the interface and much more.
By the way, Galaxy S9 models should start getting One UI 2.1 as early as next week. In addition, Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10 +, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10 Lite, Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 10+ and Galaxy Note 10 Lite smartphones have already received the update.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 specifications
- 6.4-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 516ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810 processor with Mali G72MP18 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 512GB storage (UFS 2.1). Expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) at release
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP primary rear camera with f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, LED Flash, 960fps super slo-mo, 12MP secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with wide-angle lens, f/1.7 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8mm; Weight: 201g
- BLE S Pen: 5.7 x 4.35 x 106.37mm; Weight: 3.1g
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging