Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, is working hard to prepare the MIUI 12 for its smartphones. As of now, a couple of Xiaomi phones are already getting this update. However, there is always room for more devices to get the update. According to feedback from users, the Redmi K20 Pro is now getting the stable MIUI 12.0.1 stable version. This update comes with a new system animation/visual. Other new features on this update include super wallpaper, privacy protection function, call function, dark mode, and Vientiane screen.
With regards to this update, it is currently rolling out in China, As of now, there is no official report on when it will arrive the global versions. However, with the update available in China, it shouldn’t take long. This update weighs 2.5GB thus you should ensure that you have enough storage space, internet connection and you should back up your important files.
The Redmi K20 Pro comes with a 6.39-inch AMOLED 19.5:9 extreme full screen. It uses an on-screen fingerprint sensor as well as a pop-up camera design. This smartphone boasts of the Snapdragon 855 processor and uses seventh-generation screen fingerprint technology. This device supports NFC, has a 4000 mAh large-capacity battery, and supports 27W fast charging. In the camera department, the Redmi K20 Pro comes with a 20-megapixel camera in the front. On the rear, it has a 48-megapixel SONY IMX586 sensor + 13-megapixel wide-angle and 8-megapixel Telephoto Lens.
Gizchina News of the week
Redmi K20 Pro specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio AMOLED HDR display with DCI-P3 color gamut, 103.8% NTSC Color Gamut, 600nit (HBM) / 430nit (Typ) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Dual LED Flash, f/1.75 aperture, 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, 6P lens, Laser AF, EIS, 8MP 1/4″ OV8856 telephoto lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture for 2x loss-less zoom, 13MP 1/3″ Samsung S5K3L6 124.8° ultra-wide sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, 4K 60 fps video recording, 960 fps slo-mo recording
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, 0.8μm pixel size
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.7×74.3×8.8mm; Weight: 191g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Qualcomm WCD9340 Hi-Fi DAC
- Splashproof (P2i coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS (L1 + L2 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh(typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 27W SonicCharge fast charging