Huawei has updated its ultra-portable Huawei MateBook 13 with an AMD Ryzen 5 series processor and Radeon Vega 8 graphics card. Now, the laptop is available in the United Kingdom. The laptop has a 13-inch IPS LCD display with a QHD resolution, 2160 x 1440 pixels, and a 3:2 aspect ration. The panel covers 100% of the sRGB color spaces and also has a modest 1MP camera for video conferencing use.
When it comes to the build, the Huawei MateBook 13 has an aluminum alloy design and weighs just 1.31 kg. The laptop has a full-sized chiclet keyboard with adjustable backlighting. Moreover, there is a fingerprint scanner for biometric authentication. When it comes to I/O, the MateBook sports two USB-C 3.1 ports and a 2 in 1 headphone jack and microphone combo. Moreover, the laptop has a bottom-firing dual speaker solution. It has Dolby Atmos.
One of the biggest highlights of the MateBook 13 AMD Edition is its newest AMD chipset. The laptop boasts AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processor. The graphical tasks are ensured by the Radeon Bega 8 graphic card. unfortunately, the chip isn’t one of the current-gen 8nm Ryzen CPUs. In addition to the CPU and GPU, the tablet also features 8GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB or 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD storage.
Furthermore, the laptop is rated with a 42 Wh battery, and Huawei ships it with a 65W USB-C charger with Huawei SuperCharge feature enabled. The charger can also fill the battery of compatible Huawei and Honor smartphones. On the software front, Huawei installed Windows 10 Home with Huawei Share feature bringing seamless continuity features for Huawei and Honor smartphones. The laptop is available in the 8GB of RAM with a 268GB storage configuration for £699 at Huawei Store. Select retailers will also be offering an 8GB RAM with 512GB of storage variant, this one will retail for £749.
Huawei MateBook 13 AMD Edition overall specs
- Windows 10 Home Operating System
- Dimensions and Weight: 286mm x 211mm x 14.9mm, 1.32 kg
- Material: Aluminum Alloy
- Color: Space Gray
- Display Size: 13-inches
- Display Type: IPS
- Screen-to-body ratio: 88%
- Resolution: 2160 x 1440, 200 PPI
- Color: 100% sRGB colour gamut
- Contrast ratio: 1000:1
- Maximum brightness: 300 nits (Typical), Light sensor
- Viewing angle:178 degrees
- Aspect ratio: 3:2
- Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3500U
- Graphics: Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics
- Storage:256 / 512 GB PCIe SSD
- Memory: 8GB DDR4
- Battery: Lithium polymer, 41.8 Wh (Typical Capacity)
- Camera: 1 MP front camera, Video Recording / Video Chat, Camera Indicator
- Audio: Speaker x 2, Digital microphone x 2
- Featured Specifications: HUAWEI Share, Eye Protection Mode, HUAWEI PC Manager
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, 2 x 2 MIMO, WPA / WPA2 / WEP
- Bluetooth: BT 5.0, Compatible with BT 4.2, BT 4.1, BT 3.0 and BT 2.1 + EDR
- Ports: USB-C x 2 (The left port supporting data transfer and charging, the right port supporting data transfer.
The HUAWEI MateBook 13 is equipped with two USB-C ports that support 3.1 Gen1 protocol, and have a theoretical transmission speed of 5 Gbps. Actual transmission speed may vary depending on the third-party USB-C device used.) + 3.5 mm headset and microphone 2-in-1 jack