Last week, Samsung rolled out the much-awaited One UI 2.1 software update to the older Galaxy S9 flagship lineup. Since the rollout was in initial stages, the update hit only a few countries. Well, the chaebol has now started rolling out the latest and most likely the last major software update to the masses. To keep things easier for you, we decided to create a compilation of all the countries that have started receiving the new One UI 2.1 update.
Galaxy S9 Series: List of countries where the One UI 2.1 update is available!
As mentioned earlier, here are the countries that have started receiving the all-new One UI 2.1 update for Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus smartphone.
Gizchina News of the week
For those who reside in the above-mentioned countries and still haven’t received the update, then you should not worry at all. The rollout might be happening in batches meaning you might not get it in an instant. We will recommend keeping an eye on the notification for the update. On the other hand, you can also manually check for it by using the Software Update option in the Settings app.
What does the new update bring?
As mentioned earlier, One UI 2.1 is the major software update for the older Galaxy S9 lineup and it might definitely be the last one. Here is the list of features that the new update brings to the user.
- AR Emoji: You will now see a dedicated AR Emoji app on your home screen which now comes with numerous improvements. We’re looking at manual editing and enhanced facial expression recognition.
- New camera features: the new update brings various menus, modes and of course, filters. We’re looking at AR Zone, Single take, Pro video, My filters, Selfie tone and improved night mode.
- Gallery: One UI 2.1 update brings a plethora of additions to the Gallery application. For instance, similar images are now grouped together. The quick crop functionality is also added along with an improved search feature.
- Samsung keyboard: the company’s keyboard app now supports multilingual translation feature along with an ability to search for emojis, stickers and more at the same time. You can now swipe two fingers left or right to undo/redo the text. Lastly, an icon to open Samsung Pass has also been added.
- Quick Share: it allows you to quickly share files with nearby Samsung devices
- Music Share: this allows you to share music with your friends using a Bluetooth audio device.