Samsung Galaxy A50 smartphone was very popular. Despite the minimum differences, the Galaxy A51 became even more popular – in the first quarter, it was Samsung’s best-selling smartphone. Now, it seems that the South Korean company is preparing to launch a new model – the Galaxy A51s 5G.
Samsung Galaxy A51s 5G spotted on Geekbench with 765G SoC and 6GB of RAM
We know that there is a Galaxy A51 5G model based on the Exynos 980 SoC and it seems that the South Korean company is preparing to launch a Galaxy A51s 5G model too. We do not yet know which platform the Galaxy A51s will be based on, but judging by Geekbench, it will move to the Qualcomm platform. Of course, this will be the Snapdragon 765G SoC. It is slightly slower than the Exynos 980, but most are likely to prefer the Qualcomm solution.
According to Geekbench listing, the Galaxy A51s 5G will arrive with 6GB of RAM. The device has scored 622 points in the single-core test and 1,928 points in the multi-core test.
The Wi-Fi Alliance certification of the Galaxy A51s 5G reveals that the phone has dual-band Wi-Fi ac and the Android 10 operating system. The NFC certification, as you might imagine, confirms that the Galaxy A51s 5G has NFC connectivity.
Galaxy A51 5G
Recently, the Galaxy A51 5G was made official by Samsung along with the 5G version of the Galaxy A71. These are not just versions of the devices first announced in late 2019 with support for the latest mobile network generation. There are small changes, especially between the Galaxy A51 and the A51 5G. Both maintained the same screen size and Infinity-O display, but the sizes are slightly different.
The Galaxy A51 5G which still has 6.5 inches, the battery has increased from 4,000mAh to 4,500mAh. The 15 W fast charging has not been altered, as well as the camera set, which has a quadruple sensor with the main 48 MP one.
What changes is the hardware? The A51 5G now adopts an Exynos 980 chipset with eight cores, two of which are 2.2 GHz and the other six are 1.8 GHz. There are only 6 GB or 8 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage options for both.
Samsung Galaxy A51 5G specifications
- 6.5-inch FHD+ (1080×2400 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity-O Display
- 2.2GHz Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 980 8nm processor with Mali-G76 MP5GPU
- 6GB / 8GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card
- Android 10 with Samsung One UI 2.0
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash, 12MP 123° ultra-wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display Fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Pay
- Dimensions: 73.6 x 158.9 x 8.7mm; Weight: 187g
- 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) VHT80 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C USB 3.1 Gen 1
- 4500mAh battery with 15W fast adaptive charging