Huawei flagships are already famous for their high-quality cameras, but the company thinks how this quality can be improved even further. One of the options under consideration is the installation of interchangeable lenses. Huawei has even patented such a solution. It could arrive with the upcoming Huawei P50 next year.
Huawei P50 may get interchangeable lenses like professional cameras
Data about the company was found in the database of the Intellectual Property Office of the European Union (European Intellectual Property Office, EUIPO). The source does not give specific technical details, but judging by the picture, the camera of such a promising Huawei smartphone will be represented by a block of two modules with its lenses at the top. Various interchangeable lenses will be attached to it. Moreover, the size of one such lens is small, but it can even provide a decent optical zoom.
It is too early to talk about the commercial prospects of such a smartphone, since the patent itself does not oblige anything, but the promising flagship of Huawei could well have got such a camera. For example, it could be in the Huawei P50.
Gizchina News of the week
Recall that the Huawei P40 Pro smartphone is still dominating the DxOMark top smartphones list in terms of camera quality. Here is a reminder of its specifications.
Huawei P40 Pro and P40 Pro+ specifications
- 6.58-inch (2640 x 1200 pixels) Flex OLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 HDR
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB RAM with 256GB / 512GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM card
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.1
- Dual SIM (nano SIM + eSIM)
- P40 Pro – 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS, 40MP ultra-wide cine camera with f/1.8 aperture, 12MP RYYB periscope camera with f/3.4 aperture, OIS, 5x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom, ToF camera for depth sensing, dual-tone LED flash, 4k video recording at 60fps, ISO 51200 and 7680fps Ultra Slow-Motion video capture
- P40 Pro+ – 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS, 40MP ultra-wide cine camera with f/1.8 aperture, 8MP periscope camera with f/4.4 aperture, OIS, 10x optical zoom, 8MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, OIS, 3x optical zoom, ToF camera for depth sensing, 20x Hybrid Zoom, 100x Max Zoom, dual-tone LED flash, 4k video recording at 60fps, ISO 51200 and 7680fps Ultra Slow-Motion video capture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, IR Depth / Gesture Camera for pro bokeh, Face unlock, 4k video recording
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- P40 Pro Dimensions: 158.2×72.6×8.95mm; Weight: 209g
- P40 Pro+ Dimensions: 158.2×72.6x9mm; Weight: 226g
- USB Type-C Audio
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4200mAh (typical) battery with 40W SuperCharge, 27W / 40W (Pro+) Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge
The best thing in this phone is that it comes without google bloats (which means better performance and longer battery life), the worst thing about it doesn’t support unlocking bootloader (meaning no customization to our likings).