Chinese manufacturer, Vivo, recently released the Vivo X50 series. This series includes the Vivo X50, X50 Pro, and X50 Pro+. While both the X50 and X50 Pro use a 6.56-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen with a 90Hz refresh rate, the X50 Pro+ comes with a 6.56-inch FHD+ AMOLED 55° curved screen with 120Hz refresh rate. Well, this smartphone is now available in the market almost a month after its release. As a flagship smartphone, it doesn’t come cheap. Potential buyers of this device have to part with 4998 yuan ($714) for the base model.
The Vivo X50 Pro+ is available in two colours – brown and deep sky blue. While the former uses AG frosted glass technology, and the latter uses plain leather technology. This smartphone also comes with a 240Hz touch sampling rate and the display resolution is 2376 × 1080 pixels.
In terms of core configuration, Vivo X50 Pro+ is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor as well as a built-in 4350 mAh battery that supports a 44W flash charge. In other respects, Vivo X50 Pro+ also uses a high-performance HiFi chip CS43131 that can decode DAC independently.
The camera is the biggest highlight of this phone. The rear of the device uses a combination of 50MP super-sensitive main camera + 32MP professional portrait lens + 13MP periscope telephoto lens + 13MP wide-angle macro lens. The main camera is Samsung’s new 50-megapixel ISOCELL GN1 image sensor, with a 1/1.3-inch ultra-large sensor that supports multi-full-pixel synthetic focusing and up to 100MP resolution image output. Four lenses cooperate to achieve from 0.6-5X smooth transition zoom.
In terms of the selling price, the Vivo X50 Pro+ 8GB+128GB version costs 4998 yuan ($714), the 8GB + 256GB version costs 5498 yuan ($785) while the 12GB + 256GB version costs 5998 yuan ($857).
Vivo X50 Pro+ specifications
- 6.56-inch (2376×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.8:9 E3 AMOLED 120Hz curved HDR10+ display with 105% NTSC color gamut, DCI-P3, up to 1300 nit brightness
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) /256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 10 with Funtouch OS 10.5
- Dual SIM
- 50MP rear camera with dual-LED flash, f/1.6 aperture, Samsung SN1 sensor, super micro PTZ camera, Laser autofocus, 13MP 120° ultra-wide lens with f/2.2 aperture and 2.5cm macro, 13MP periscope camera for 5x optical, 10x hybrid and 60x digital zoom with f/3.4 aperture, 32MP portrait camera (50mm equivalent)
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.48 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C Audio, CS43131 amp, Hi-res audio, 3 microphones for audio zoom
- Dimensions: 158.46 × 72.8 × 8.04mm; Weight: 181.5g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4350mAh (Typical) battery with 44W fast charging