OnePlus Nord has already been presented. Although official sales will only begin on August 4th, there is already an opportunity to download its colorful wallpapers for use on current OnePlus models or other smartphones with OLED screens.
It is worth to mention that yesterday, OnePlus decided to reveal its next big thing for the premium mid-range market in the form of OnePlus Nord. The Chinese firm made use of Augmented Reality to bring an immersive event. This is the first time that a smartphone maker use AR to reveal new products. OnePlus revealed that the Nord was made with three main focus – Cameras, User Experience, and Performance. According to the Chinese OEM, these three points represent user’s biggest demand. The user’s demand was north for the Nord creation.
Under the hood, the OnePlus Nord boasts the Snapdragon 765G SoC. This chipset is amazing on a mid-range perspective, but it’s not on par with current flagships, not even last year’s Snapdragon 855+. It’s a power-efficient 7nm with enough performance for running the big majority of Google Play apps and games. More importantly, this chipset ensures seamless 5G connectivity. This chipset will be paired with 6GB, 8GB, and even 12GB of RAM. But take in mind that the variant with 6GB is a cheaper version that will be exclusive to the Indian market.
The Nord flaunts a gorgeous 6.44-inch AMOLED display covered with Gorilla Glass 5 coating. It’s an FHD+ panel with a 90Hz refresh rate. This panel has sRGB and P3 but unfortunately does not include HDR support. Due to its OLED nature, the in-display fingerprint scanner is available. Despite this, OnePlus still offers face unlock as an option.
OnePlus Nord specifications
- 6.44-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 408 ppi 20:9 Fluid AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 10 with OxygenOS 10.5
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, OIS + EIS Hybrid stabilization, 8MP 119° ultra-wide camera with f/2.25 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 4K video at 30fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps
- 32MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX616 sensor, f/2.45 aperture, EIS, secondary 8MP 105° ultra-wide camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 158.3×73.3×8.2mm; Weight: 184g
- USB Type-C audio, Super linear speaker
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4115mAh battery with Warp Charge 30T Fast Charging (5V/6A)