With its latest flagships, Xiaomi has done everything to get rid of the image of the “the smartphone in the market for the price” manufacturer and has provoked those who believe that “Xiaomi can’t buy expensive smartphones”. But this does not bother the company itself, and the strategy will remain the same – prices for flagships will continue to grow.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro Plus will have a 48MP main sensor instead of 108MP
The next record holder in terms of value among the flagships of the Mi series should be Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro Plus, whose codename is Super Large Cup. Initially, the smartphone was credited with all the best in terms of technical specs, which in the end was supposed to affect the price increase.
But today, the well-known Chinese provider of leaks, Digital Chat Station, has caused confusion about what the new flagship will be like. In particular, he questioned the presence of a 108-megapixel sensor in the main camera, pointing out that the main sensor here will be a 48MP sensor.
However, remember that the power is not in the number of megapixels, but in optimization, optics and software. But in any case, it is rather strange to see in the top version of the flagship a sensor with a much more modest resolution than the one offered by Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro.
The latest rumors also indicate that the upcoming Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro Plus should offer a 6.67-inch waterfall display with a resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels and a refresh rate of 120 Hz. If all goes well, as predicted by insiders, the flagship will premiere in the first half of August.
It is worth to mention that in March, Xiaomi has officially presented its Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro smartphones. They both come with a 6.67-inch FHD+ AMOLED 90Hz display, Snapdragon 865 and a 108MP quad rear cameras. Here is a reminder of their full specifications:
XIAOMI MI 10 / MI 10 PRO SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 90Hz refresh rate, 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.0 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- Mi 10 – 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, OIS. 8P lens LED flash. 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.4 aperture. 2MP depth sensor and 2MP macro lens with f/2.4 aperture, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- Mi 10 Pro – 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, OIS, 8P lens LED flash. 12MP 1/2.6-inch 2PD sensor with 1.4um for 2x zoom and portrait. 8MP telephoto lens for 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom, 5x optical zoom, OIS. 20MP 117° ultra-wide-angle lens, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, 1216 1.0cc speaker
- Dimensions: 162.6×74.8×8.96mm; Weight: 208g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- Mi 10— 4780mAh battery with 30W QC 4+ / PD3.0 wired and wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging
- Mi 10 Pro — 4500mAh battery with 50W QC 4+ / PD3.0 wired, 30W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging