After a long wait, Google has finally announced the Pixel 4a today. In the announcement, the company also mentioned the Google Pixel 4a 5G and Google Pixel 5 5G. However, these smartphones will not be available until this fall. As usual, the available Google Pixel 4a comes with a case. At first glance, the Pixel 4a’s case does not look particularly special. It actually looks like most other woven cases. However, according to Google, the important thing about this case is the material it uses.
Google said that the Pixel 4a knit case is made of “over 70% recycled plastic”, which makes it an environmentally friendly product. Obviously, two recycled plastic bottles provide enough material to make five of the boxes. These cases have a jacquard pattern that makes it easier to hide the damage they inevitably endure, whether it is standard wear or dripping scratches. Google says that if these boxes become too dirty, you can even put them in the laundry room for cleaning.
Gizchina News of the week
As far as protection is concerned, Google said that the case has “edge-to-edge internal microfibers” to prevent fall damage. The case also has raised edges, which can raise the phone’s display slightly when you put the phone face down on the surface. All in all, this seems to be a fairly standard case in terms of fall protection. The idea of using mainly recycled materials is applaudable.
Presently, the Pixel 4a is currently available in pre-order at Google Store, Amazon and Best Buy. This device is available for $349. However, if you need the case, you will have to pay $389. The shipping of this device will commence from August 20th. The protective case is available in 3 colors – black, gray, and blue. Its price is $40.
Google Pixel 4a specifications
- 5.81-inch (1080 x 2340 pixels) FHD+ OLED 18.5:9 display, 443 PPI, HDR support, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 730G Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU, Titan M security chip
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 10
- 12.2MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, LED flash, Dual PD autofocus, OIS, EIS, 4K video recording at 30fps, 1080p at up to 120fps and 720p at up to 240fps
- 8MP front camera with 84° ultra-wide lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Dual SIM (Single Nano-SIM + eSIM)
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, 2 microphones
- Dimensions: 144x 69.4 x 8.2mm; Weight: 143g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2x2MIMO (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS, USB Type-C Gen 1, NFC
- 3140mAh battery with 18W fast charging