Lei Jun, CEO and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Xiaomi, said that the company has formed a work plan for the next 10 years, during which smartphones, artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things should become key areas for Xiaomi.
Lei Jun also brought in four new senior executives to the company’s board of directors. These leaders will help expand the list of new devices, one way or another related to artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things.
The CEO sent a letter to his employees announcing the appointment of new leaders. Among them are: Xiaomi President Wang Xiang, Xiaomi Senior Vice President Chew Shouzi, Xiaomi Vice President Zhang Feng and Xiaomi Vice President Lu Weibing.
Lei Jun previously said the company is investing at least $7.2 billion in fifth-generation mobile networks, artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra went on sale in China and it’s a real hit
Xiaomi has talked about the success of the launch of the new flagship smartphone Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra or Mi 10 Extreme Commemorative Edition. The device turned out to be a real hit.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra went on sale in China recently. The company said it sold out a $57.7 million shipment in the first ten minutes. In comparison, the first sales of Xiaomi 10 Pro reached half the level.
Gizchina News of the week
The exact volume of sales in unit terms is not given. But given the starting cost of the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra at $760 and the maximum at $1007, the batch can range from 57 thousand to 75.5 thousand pieces.
The smartphone received a 6.67-inch screen with a resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels with a refresh rate of 120 Hz and a 10-bit color depth. It supports 120W wired charging, which charges a 4500mAh battery in 23 minutes, and 50W wireless charging.
The main camera with a 48MP main sensor has allowed the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra to become the new king of mobile photography, toppling the Huawei P40 Pro from the first place in the DxOMark ranking.
The hardware base is the Snapdragon 865 SoC, up to 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 512GB of UFS3.1 built-in flash memory.
XIAOMI MI 10 ULTRA SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate. 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB. 256GB UFS 3.1 storage. 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB storage. 16GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/ 1.32″ OV48C sensor,1.2μm, f/1.85 aperture, OIS, 8P lens, LED flash. 48MP Sony IMX586 periscope telephoto lens with f/4.1 aperture for 10x optical zoom and 120x digital zoom, OIS. 20MP 128° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture. 12MP 1/2.6″ 2PD sensor with 1.4um for 2x zoom and portrait, 8k at 24fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 1080p
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 162.38×75.04×9.45mm; Weight: 221.8g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO. Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 120W QC 5 / PD3.0 wired. 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging